Chapter 18

McCoy's pov

I was staring at a black envelope on my desk. My mind raced to all the possibilities, what was it. It had no expeditor, no one knew how it got here.
Is it a death threat? Lately with all the chaos that happened in the Red Painted Neighborhood it wouldn't surprise me if it was one.

We have been digging everywhere for a witness, but nothing. No one knew anything about that phone call, or they didn't want to talk about it.
I knew Sasha was a bad woman, but with no proof, what can we do?

I reached for the envelope. There was a simple white card in it:

"Dear mister McCoy, we invite you and your partner to our annual ball.
We created this event as an appreciation to all the finest people of New York.

Do not forget your tuxedo.

Regards, S. "

Holly...this letter meant something, I knew it. Why would she invite us? Maybe she launched a smoke screen, maybe she wants us blind..but for what?

What does this vixen intend to do?

I took out my phone and called Jack "Partner, do you have a tuxedo? Cuz boy, you won't believe what's in my hand right now."

I heard him shuffle through some paper "Aaa...no,I don't! What happened?"

"Get ready in 10, we are going shopping. I'll tell you then."

I took my car keys and wallet from the drawer and took off. Hah, the kid will have a heart attack when I'll tell him.

These parties, we all know about them but no one from the police force ever went to one. The invitations were sent only to the rich people of New York.

This will be interesting, living the New York's finest dreams for one night.

Jack was in front of the apartment, "Hop in! I have great news!" I opened the door for him.

"What got you so happy?" He looked kinda aggravated, I wonder why.

I reached for the envelope and gave it to him" Read!" We were going to Ken's place, the shop was not that pricey and it had good stuff.

"Sooo?" The look on his face was confusion. Yup I knew it, Texas Rangers don't know this kind of stuff "Well, it's a party invitation, so what?" He threw it on the back seat.

"Look here champ, that is the invitation that every man, woman or child hope to receive. It's bigger than the Red Carpet. And this year it's held by her. It will give us intel on who she's working with."

"Yeah, that's true. But a tuxedo? Really? Pfff I never wore one!" He put his sun glasses on.

"That's why we are going to buy you one and tomorrow we'll be fully prepared."

Let's get this party started!

Jack's pov

McCoy took me to a shop for men, full with fancy suits and shirts. I wasn't a fan of suits but the party that Sasha held had a thematic. 1100 dollars a tuxedo, damn I hope this is going to be worth it. 

What McCoy didn't know is that Sasha already told me about the party, I was wondering when he'll receive the letter, what I didn't understand what was all the fuss about. I'll see when I get there.