Chapter 14

Jack's pov
It's been 3 days since I have last seen Sasha, the thoughts I had, have been silenced by work.
New York was indeed a busy city, my partner kept dragging me in all the cases he had, including homicidal and DA work.
He was the type of guy that never minds his own business but curses at how much work he does.
A good cop, that's how the others, from the station think about McCoy, of course he does their jobs, they can go see a movie with the girlfriend or wife, while McCoy is digging in their cases, solving them.

And I was dragged into this, for the moment I need this, but after a while, I would ask him to chill out a bit.

"Hey partner, we have a new case, one of ours!" McCoy was looking rather pale today, too much work.

"What's up? Who died?" I was getting bored.

"Vasily Chekov, the head of the Russian mob." There was a glint in his eyes, as if he was happy for a reason. Did Sasha murder him? Shit!

"What? When? Any details, clues?" Yeah, I should get in this.

"A couple of days ago, they refused to report him dead to the officials, it seems that there is something up, and they don't want us to know about it."

"So what do we have until now?" I should try to get him off Sasha's tracks.

"Well, they did have a recent fight with the Red Painted Neighborhood, and what?  After a couple of days the guy is dead. The thing is that we saw the cameras of the area in which he died, a couple of minutes before being shot, he was in a restaurant with Chong Gaijin, the head of the Chinese neighborhood." He opened a file.

"So, he is one of the prime suspects just because. Vasily died a street down the restaurant, a clean head shot. The bullet was shot from a building down the street, but it gets more interesting." He tapped his finger on the paper.

"The distance is so big, that it's almost impossible to have this kind of sight. We asked from left to right, no one saw anything in that building. There was only one gun shot, and that's that."

Could Sasha have this kind of men in her neighborhood? I'll wait a bit more.

Sasha's pov
The dress shop had the best dresses, I chose a black dress. Nothing glamorous, simple and in a 20's stile.
Marius's tuxedo was also black, but with red margins.

I opened the car door and got in. I loved driving, it gives you power and adrenaline rush. My mom also loved cars, she loved the classics.
I touched the steering wheel, hm fine leather it feels good when you touch it.

Someone knocked in my car window and as a reflex I grabbed my gun pointing at him, "Miss, I mean no trouble." The guy had a Chinese accent.

"What do you want?" My gun was still pointing at him through the window, his hands were up in the air, a red letter in his left hand.

"Just delivering a message, miss!" he was serious, my intentions were to kill him, just for taking me by surprise, but I had to behave.

"From who?" I signaled him to get away from the car and he took 2 steps back.

"Miss please take the letter. It will do no harm. It's just a message." He bowed his head.

I kept staring at him, after a couple of seconds full of silence I got the window down enough for him to slide the letter through. He then left in a hurry.

A letter from the Chinese head of the mob I was sure about it, but why? Do they know about Hawk?

I slowly opened the letter,
"Miss Sasha, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience, but the police has all eyes on me.

As you probably have heard, our good friend Vasily has died, shot in the head, what an easy death. They suspect me for this, but I assure you if I'd done it, I would have done it much more painful.

It was too clean, I would like to ask for your help in finding the culprit, we searched every neighborhood except yours.
As we all know the rules, we need permission from every chief to enter their neighborhood.

Would you collaborate with us? If yes, please wave the letter out of your window, if not then you will be responsible for his death.

Please cooperate.

Best regards,
Chong Gaijin"

Who the fuck does this prick think he is. I set the letter on fire, and threw it out the window.

I saw a black SUV behind me in the rear view window. Fuck, I started the engine and accelerated.

My phone started ringing...Marius, "I am being chased by the Chinese.
I need backup, call the Extremists, I want these guys fried! Do you understand me? My beeper is on, I am heading for the neighborhood, trace the signal.
I am trying to keep them at a distance."

Marius said only a yes miss and closed the conversation.I kept accelerating, my car was a sports car it could easily outrun them but, I didn't really want to lose them.

My people should trace us any minute. So I lured them to the depot. Why aren't they shooting at me?

They want me alive, why? Interrogation?  Confession?

That's so not going to happen, I looked on my GPS, two cars were heading my way, good. I took a swift right, both cars parked behind my back. We were at the depot entrance, my neighborhood.
The Extremists blocked their path, I got out of the car, as the others Marius was in one of the cars.

"Miss, are you ok?" I heard the tires going to a halt. My gun was pointing at their car.

They did not expect this, Marius came to the "rescue" to soon.

They tried to back off but two other cars blocked their path.

Haha, these flies are blocked in my web. "Get out of the car or we'll shoot at it until it blows up."

I took a couple of steps in their direction, they got out of the car, of course only small fries, the boss would never bloody his hands. I was different, that was why they die fast.

My men grabbed them and dragged them to my feet.
Five men in their knees their eyes glue to the pavement. "What information do you have so I don't blow your heads up?" I put the gun to one of the guys forehead.

"We..we were told to bring you in, if-if you did not do as instructed." I slapped him with the back of my gun in his face.
"Who the fuck do you think I am, one of your whores?"
I then kicked him in his chest with my heels. Oh Gucci, I love them so much.

The one with the black long hair spoke "We did as we were instructed, we are just working men nothing more, we.." I didn't let him finish and put a bullet between his eyes.

I heard my men flinch, good, they should know what their boss is capable of. Even Marius changed his position.

"It's five of you, well four now, I need only one. The one who has information will live." I moved to the next guy, his hair was covering his eyes, not short nor long, he looked younger than the others.

I put my gun to his heart" I can feel your fear, if you have such feelings, you are not good for this kind of jobs. You get no proper training, drug dealers, pimps you just think it's easy, but it's not."

He gulped, I took him by the hair and made him look me in the eyes" What did your boss what to do with me?"

He tried to close his eyes and I slapped him with my gun, "Look at me, and answer."

"Torture a confession out of you." He whispered. Good he will be easy to break. I shot the other three, all in the head. My men were standing like marble statues behind me, they weren't even breathing.

"Take this one to one of our rooms, Marius, I want to interrogate him myself." I gave him my gun, entered my car and went to the club.
My clothes were full of blood, I had to change.

These people...they think they could kidnap me? Me? Oooh they are in for a ride.