Accusations

"Bree, can I talk to you?" Liam asked.

I stopped in my tracks, "Uh yeah, okay."

He pulled me towards the back room, pausing to make sure no one was listening,"Supplies have been going missing."

"What? Do you know who's stealing them?" I couldn't think of anyone that would do anything like that.

"No, but I don't want you to say anything to anyone else, okay?" 

"But-" I began to protest but he cut me off.

"If you tell anyone word will spread faster than a forest fire. We need to make sure they don't think we realize, it will make it easier to catch them."

I nodded,"Okay....who do you think it is?"

His eyes wandered over to where Harry was sitting, laughing with Niall.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I laughed.

"I just don't trust him." He said, looking me straight in the eye.

"What exactly don't you trust about him?" I raised an eyebrow.

"He just seems kind of.....shady."

"Shady? Have you even talked to him?"

"Yes I have actually." He crossed his arms against his chest, not meeting my gaze.

"Oh really, when was this?"

"When...you went hunting." He stated matter-of-factly.

"You sure about that?" I stepped closer, trying to get him to look at me.

"Of course i'm sure."

"That's really weird.........I could have sworn Harry came hunting with me...I guess I was just seeing things." Every word that left my mouth was dripping with sarcasm.

"Okay, I haven't talked to him. But he's the only one I can think of that would do this."

"How would you know that? You havn't even talked to him!" I shouted, anger boiling in the pit of my stomach at Liam's accusation.

"It makes sense, think about it, nothing like this has ever happened, until he got here."

"No." I shook my head. "What makes sense is that someone is using Harry's arrival as a way to take supplies without you suspecting them, so that you will think it's him, when in reality it's someone you thought you could trust."

"He is the only one with the motive."

"With the motive?" I rolled my eyes."Please enlighten me, what exactly would this 'motive' be? Get your head out of the gutter Liam, and open your eyes." I turned away from him and began walking towards the door. I couldn't stay in this place for another second or I would explode.

"Bree? Are you okay?" Harry ran after me, concern lacing his words.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need some air."

He grabbed my arm and spun me so I was facing him. "I'll come with you."

I shook my head,"No, I just need a second to myself."

"It's not safe." He insisted, his eyes begging me to give in, to let him come with me.

"I just need one second, to clear my head."

"Just-" He cut himself off, a look of concern covering his features."Be careful okay?"

"I will." I whispered before heading outside. Deep down I almost wanted him to protest, tell me he wouldn't let me step foot outside without him.

For once I found the smell of absolute depression oddly comforting. It was something that didn't change, even if everything else did. I hated that Liam had accused Harry of stealing. It made me feel like it was my fault, that because I brought Harry here, it was somehow my fault that supplies were disappearing.

I stopped in my tracks, a small piece of paper drifting in the wind before resting at my feet. I bent down and picked it up, it felt weak and pathetic in my hands, so easily breakable. There was a faded picture of three girls along the top, I could just make out the words beneath it...

WANTED: If seen bring to the east gate. 

I had never heard of the east gate before. Maybe there was some secret civilization fenced in by a giant wall somewhere in the country-side. I peered at the picture once more, my breath catching in my throat. I blinked a couple times, trying to make sense of what I was seeing. This wasn't happening, couldn't be happening.

*****************

"I don't think she should be allowed here, it could be dangerous for us, they are probably looking for her right now!" Helen, an elderly woman, grumbled.

"Woah, woah, woah! Bree isn't going anywhere. Right Liam?" Louis gave me a reassuring smile.

"It's true, she could be a danger....but she is still family, if she goes down, so will we." Liam stated. "We will not let them take you." He squeezed my arm, trying to comfort me, but it wan't working.

"Helen's right. I should go." A tear fell from my eye, I knew I needed to leave, but it was hard. If I left, I would be leaving the only thing I knew. 

Louis stepped in front of me, looking me dead in the eye. "You are not going anywhere Bree-bear. If you try to leave I will tie our wrists together." He gave me a threatening glare and I smiled.

"I still think she should go." Helen huffed, a few others murmuring in agreement. 

"For the last time, she. is. not. going. anywhere. If you have a problem with that...keep it to yourself because I don't want to hear it." Liam's voice was stern, final.

Everyone began heading towards their beds, a few still arguing about the safety of the group. I rubbed my temples, a headache beginning to form. Harry's calm, even breaths told me he was asleep. I lay on my back, counting all the cracks in the ceiling. The light from the fire casting a eerie glow in the room. I wondered who was looking for me and my sisters. It gave me hope that maybe my sisters were out there, alive and healthy. Maybe my parents were with them, or maybe the WANTED poster was from them. The thought of my sisters, out there, possibly alone, made me feel sick with worry. I wanted to look for them, but it would be difficult, the group would be watching my every move. I had to wait for the right opportunity. Something that would distract everyone just long enough for me to sneak out. I only hoped it would be soon.