Little metal heart

******************

The silence was nerve-wracking. You would be able to hear a single strand of hair hit the cold elevator floor. My heart was beating in my chest, frantic and unsteady, as I waited for the doors to slide open.

Who would be standing on the other side?

The fact that it could be absolutely anyone was frightening, it could be someone innocent, or it could be someone extremely dangerous.

Either way we would still outnumber them....

Hopefully.

But there was still a small seed of gut-wrenching worry and doubt. It whispered to me, scaring me. I seemed to be fighting an internal battle with myself...I was arguing with myself....

What a fucking weirdo......

What if there is more than one person waiting on that floor? A voice questioned in my mind, making nerves flutter inside my stomach.

Everything will be fine. I reminded myself. We are going to get out of here and we will hide somewhere....somewhere safe. 

I was officially going crazy....

I had my hand wrapped securely around my gun, my breathing shallow. I was scared, I had no idea what fate awaited us.

"What floor are they coming from?" I asked, needing any information possible.

"Floor -7" The soldier replied.

-7........"That's the floor I was taken to when I got here..." I trailed off, was that horror of a woman waiting for the elevator? My ex-mother?

Yes, I can disown my own flesh and blood. She did it to her son, Liam, and now I'm doing it to her.

Fair is fair.

I was about to ask if it could be her when a red light flashed, the emergency light.

"What does that mean?" Niall asked, pointing at the red flashing light.

"It could mean many things....." The soldier, who I had yet to learn the name of, eyed the light with frightened eyes. "It could mean fire, lock down...or....."

"Or what?" Harry questioned when he took too long to finish his sentence.

"Or they've escaped."

"Who has escaped?" Louis piped up, curiosity burning in his blue gaze.

"The exp-" He was cut-off by a small jolt as the elevator came to a stop, lever -7.

The doors slid open and I held my breath, waiting to see who was standing there, waiting. Who held our fate in their hands?

I was pleasantly surprised to find, not my ex-mother, but my father.

He looked horrible, but still himself....just more zombie-ish.....

And gross.......

He should get his skin checked out...it's a bit....flaky....

Everyone around me rushed for their weapons but my scream halted them. "Stop!"

Liam looked at me, a confused expression on his face. "Are you crazy?! It will kill us!"

I ignored him as I spoke. "Hey dad..."

He raised a weak hand and grunted before taking a slow, cautious step forward.

"Dad.....?" Liam looked even more confused as he glanced between us. "This is your....dad?"