Don't jinx it!

Big thanks to divergentlarry for making the new cover!!! I love it so much :) It really makes me smile when you guys take time out of your day to make things like this, I really appreciate it so much xx

I stopped in front of a set of large white doors, my heart racing with anticipation. Were they okay? I wish Harry was here to tell me that everything would be fine.

But he wasn't here, the man I loved was too far for comfort.

I needed him here, I needed him beside me. I needed him to wipe away every tear that threatened to spill and stain my cheeks. I need him to hold me close to him, I needed him to make me feel warm and safe as he wrapped me in a protective embrace. I needed to see that dimpled smile as he laughed. I needed to hear his deep voice as he struggled to tell a joke between laughs. But most of all I needed him and all his perfect imperfections.

I closed my eyes for a second, trying to force the tears to evaporate.

"Just through here." Gemma said, her voice quiet as she looked around cautiosly.

"Thank you..." I whispered, a small smile lighting up my face. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

"I understand, if it was my brother...I would want someone to help me too." Her eyes began to tear up a bit but she shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

I wanted to ask her about her brother, but I knew now wasn't the time. I didn't want to open a possibly recent scar of painful memories, so I pushed the door open and walked inside, Gemma following close behind.

The room I entered was almost exactly the same as every other room down here; boringly white. Seriously, do they not know what colour is? Do they have something against it? What did colour ever do to them?!

"Bree!" Grace exclaimed as she ran towards me, I swept her up in my arms, hugging her small frame.

It felt so good to have them back, to know that they were right here, in front of me, and they were okay....physically okay anyway.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I placed her back on her feet. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine." Grace beamed happily. She looked fine to me, not a single mark, only a smile and a look of relief in her eyes.

I could tell she had been frightened out of her mind, I would be too if I was her. She was too young to deal with this shit, she didn't deserve this. I was surprised her mind hadn't been as easily polluted by lies as Rose's had.

Speaking of Rose, where was she?

"You came for us..." A voice whispered. "You found us..."

I turned, Rose sat in the corner of the room, her knees pulled tightly to her chest. She looked as weak and hopeless as I had felt when Liam told me they were gone.

"What did she say to you?" I asked as I knelt in front of her. "What did she do?"

"We're going to die.." She muttered. "And you're going to live.."

"What are talking about?"

"She told us...she told me, you chose to live....and we must take your place..."

"No." I shook my head. "We're leaving."

"It's too late, Bree! She will never stop looking for us! We can't escape...she will always find us."

"You listen to me, Rose. She can search for us all she wants, but she will never lay a finger on either of you again." 

"Promise?" She whispered, her blue eyes wide as she peered up at me.