2. Tonight.

Please vote and comment. I'm sorry the chapter is a little short. Guys will publish three chapters in two weeks.

The moon is out, gracefully looking upon this place I call home. The stars have shamed away, leaving a clear dark sky and each breath I take seems like it's supposed to be important.

The house is actually larger than I thought, grass is unnaturally green and luscious and tall trees that are standing, they are following the long path that leads to these widely opened door, that has light screaming through and I'm nervous, because I had to dump my other job for this one, because I'll make two thousand bucks in one night and an extra five hundred since I'm working inside.

The guy who hired me chose me to work inside immediately and it obviously had something to do with looks, which is no surprise because they picked out Brenda and Terra too. Okay, maybe it's because our names are catchy and easy to remember.

Cindi. Brenda. Terra . You'd think we were twins or friends or one of those cliques, but I have never said nothing more than a hallo to Terra and it honestly has nothing to do with her being a Venom, well half venom. No, I don't talk to anyone other than Brenda.

I'm now standing with Brenda and Terra in front of this guy with deep blue eyes, who's telling us which one of us has which post and I'm apparently the one who's going to be delivering drinks, while Terra is near the door and Brenda is in the middle. We nod.

Red. It's apperantly Mr Paul's favourite colours and its the colour of this tight short dress I'm wearing, I feel exposed and naked, but there's no need to show that.

My hair is falling around my heart shaped face and my dark eyes are widened and brightened, it's what I needed according to our Manager and my lips are in a shade of red. I feel like I'm about to star in holiday commercial.

The real name for them is Shadows, but we'll stick with venom and there's different kinds, some you don't want to mess with. The phoenixes are somewhat the royalty of Venoms and I've heard about them in School, they are like this mysterious family that leaves in the city and they only show up to destroy. Brenda used to dream about marrying one of them and becoming a princess, I just dreamed of an escape and an ordinary life.

The air is quickly filled with different perfumes that fit these people. Elegantly dressed in black and white, it's rather odd to see these young faces in this kind of party, but then again the summer is near and these boys are looking to be tied to these boys.

I'm standing tall, walking around and serving them drinks, while their vile scent haunts my nostrils. It has been this way since I was a little girl and I have never told anyone that I can spot venoms through their scent, I can smell it now and it feels the room like a poisonous gas. I wonder how does my mother wake up next to one, love one.

I think I'd die before I let my lips touch those of a venom. I know she can smell them too, but I don't understand how she can abandon me for that life.

You know, I think she thinks that taking care of me financially is love and it's not, she just pays the mortgage and pays the house keeper that comes three times a week and stocks the fridge and cupboard with food.

All I want is somebody to love me, not to act as a shield and ignore my heart. All I want is to have those silly giggles that love seems to give people and how sweet it seems to be, maybe reading too many novels us making me naive and believing that there's that thing that could exist for me. A life free.