3. Things that Cindiey knows.

I'm already ready to leave, but I have to wait for Brenda and Paul to talk, this talk of theirs has taken more than five minutes and I'm now wondering around his house, humming to my self the way I always do when I'm bored.

You never really know what these parties are about, even though you're here and you serve them food and drinks. The level of secrecy is scary and makes me curious, I have always been curious about most things and for a while I have let my curious side down, but now I'm curious to why the presence of the siblings upset Paul that way and what's even worse is that he thinks he's my Father, the guy just loves to give me more reason to hate him.

I'm now in my skinny jeans and black tank top and these stupid high heels that Brenda says makes my legs look long.

I will miss talking to her mostly when I leave and when I do I'm not coming back. I can't be chained to a choice I know will not be mine, because a war is coming and no matter what, I'll be on the wrong side.

I have no man by my side.
I have nothing, in their eyes and before I know it they would kick me out or possibly kill me, because I don't want chains. I want love and nobody here can give me that.

We pretend like we live in peace with each other yet the other side has more power over us and we all know what's coming and I don't even know if they are prepaired.

Not even the government can help this. We need the venoms and yet I have the urge to kill each and everyone of them, somehow that makes me feel more safe. Everything was fine when we didn't know of their existance and we lived like them, we thought we were all humans until the queen told us that there's a war coming and it would all take us down, then we found out our Government carried a lot of lies and that venoms existed for longer than we thought, but had been kept a secret and that caused a lot of nervousness amongst us.

We traded our souls, our humanity and became venoms too. Our numbers decreased , because greed and fear consumed us, I hate how all of this is mostly in small Towns and places like ours. Humans from the City are nothing like us, they have plenty of choices and resources, they look different and here some of us are ignored, but I'm not naive enough to think that it's all sunshine and bliss, no.

Only a few can be trained by these specialists and if I'm married by 23 , I'll go through the test before they declare me useless.

I don't know though, I don't if there'll ever be anything complete in my life. I can't even remember the last time I was truly happy, I don't think there's anything that makes me smile anymore and that means there's nothing here for me.

I'm now sitting at the bottom of the staircase, my mind has too many thoughts and I have so many decisions to make. So, msnu things I want to do before the world falls apart and leaves everything a mess.

My hair is blowing in the wind, I'm biting my lower lip trying to think this move over. What if I don't like the City? What if people there are actually even worse? What if it's just an illusion? Could there be really a place for me? Out there?

"Cindiey" his raspy and deep voice has me jumping, turning around I meet his dark eyes and dark hair.
"Kevin" I'm smiling at him.
"You look beautiful" he has always been honest, but he looks different and it's making me nervous.

This is a different Kevin Woods, not the goofy class clown who told everyone what he thought, including my self. His cropped black hair works for his square jaw and high cheekbones, his nose no longer spots a nose ring and his arms are bulged with muscles.

"Thank you, you look different" I'm smiling at him.

"Training is brutal and I've missed that smile" he's looking straight at me, he's probably hasn't seen a girl for a while and I guess that's why he's eyes are on my chest and I'm now blushing, because he's checking me out.