12. Cinderella's bloody kiss.

"Could you stop pulling this, Brenda?" I'm actually grinning at her in the mirror. She's helping me put on the corset for my costume and she's been pulling too tight.

"You are too happy, what happened when Jason helped you upstairs?" she's asking like she already knows and I know she's already wrong.

"He took me to my room and stayed until I fell asleep" I'm smiling at her.

"Oh" she's satisfied of the answer.

My hair is curled and pinned back while my cheeks are unnaturally rosy and my lips ate a deep wine red. According to Brenda the make up completed my Cinderella look and that I had to wear the clear stelletos -I have no idea why she bought- for the whole midnight effect. I know she's trying to forget Paul and what she's going to do tonight.

"Anyway, my stuff ...half if it is here. So, my Mother won't persuade me not to go if she doesn't know I'm even going" she sounds excited, she has always been the one who plans things out and I sometimes just got scared of the planning its self, because of the deep rooted fear of failure and disappointment.

"Are you sure about this?" I'm asking with concern

"Yes, I am" she's nodding. She's now in front of the mirror curling her own hair, her lips are candy red and suit her Little Red Riding Hood outfit and her eyes look even bigger tonight.

"Okay" I'm getting up from the bed. My shoes are now on and I'm waiting for her to wear hers so we can just leave.

"Yeah. You look like a princess" she's winking at me.

"Since when do you wink?" I'm laughing softly.

"Since you became Cinderella" she's winking at me again and amusing to see her do it.

Jen decided to stay at home and let Kate go in her place and I'm the lucky one who gets to be in the same car with them. I don't think anything can crash my mood , I'm just feeling better and slightly happy for some mysterious reason, I don't care.

"We'll be in the car, if you're not back for an hour-"

"We'll crash his party and hurt him" Jason is quickly cutting in.

"Sure. An hour" I'm repeated.

"Good. Let's go" I'm wrapping my arm around my best friend.

The music us not the only loud thing in here, the scent screams louder than the speaker and is slightly stinging, but I know better than to go back. I have to lookout for my best friend, at all that times.

I'm the only one who can see that she's nervous, a little scared even and I hate that we have to do this. Her eyes are a big giveaway.

"Relax, Brenda" I'm smiling as I say.

She's just giving me a nod and we have to look around for any eyes and it seems like the number of people in here is larger than expected and that means that it will be harder to leave , which is why we are heading upstairs to into that study. My knees are a little wobbly as I make my way into the room that's surprisingly not locked. I feel like it could be a trap , but I'm already inside and there's no going back.

Everything in here is placed perfectly. The room doesn't smell of the scent I expect and Brenda is waiting near the door.

My hands are filing for the click I'm supposed to be hearing , my heart beat picking up and the only thing that's calming me down is the thought of them coming in here if something's wrong.

It feels like I have been here too long and when I finally here a click and the small shelf lined with books and I'm letting out a sigh of relief.