5. Friends Family.

I'm forced having to read the letter my father left me. It's barely a letter.

It's like this little folded note that's in his weird hand writing. I don't know how to feel about it, it too long to be brave enough to do this and I don't know how I'm feeling, the paper feels weird in my hand and I can't not read this, I have to.

I feel like I have to understand my Father more, know why he left and who he might be.

Darling, if I stay I'll only put you in danger. You're different and because of this fact I have to leave you behind, you'll be safe. When you're old enough I hope you understand that that this is to protect you and I'll always look out for you.
-Caleb Johnson Ella.

Now I can't help but cry, I'm confused and angry at the same time, because Mom left me too and she says its to protect me too. I don't understand what's so different about me? what could be so important that could get me killed? Why am I so undesirable? The only person who can be in my life is the one that's going yo leave. It's like loneliness is my best friend and it refuses to let me go, I'm stuck in this loneliness that is hard not hate because of its hollowness and how hurt I feel right now can only be compared to a broken mirror, my heart's in little pieces while my mind is trying to understand.

Maybe not getting enough sleep last night is the reason I'm trying, I'm just exhausted and I need sleep.

I'm dragging my self back upstairs , with the note in my hand and the tears still falling down my chest. I know how I feel now and it's hurt, I'm really hurt.

The shower does me no justice and I'm now out of the bathroom, my outfit ready. A black croptop bra and a big shirt and a pair of denim shorts and sneakers, my face looks different when I cry and if I stare at them for long I'll cry more. I have my mother's heart shaped face , I have her dark brown eyes and dimples if I smile, but the gap between my teeth is something I used to fond annoying. Now it's part of me, it's me and I don't want to change. I can't change now, not when I'm in love with this girl I've turned out to be.

I'm going to check on Brenda, usually she's the one to call in the morning and be here to make me pancakes.

I'm taking my backpack and heading out and making sure the door is locked. I'm turning around to meet this black cat parked in my drive way and I'm slowly moving towards it.
There's a note attached.
Happy birthday, my little sunshine. I love you, I hope you know that.
-Mommy.

Brenda is not having a great day. She looks a mess, her face has no make up and her eyes are breaking my heart. Her Mother led me to their patio near the pool, where I found Brenda looking out into nothing.

"Hey, B" I'm smiling at her.
"Hey" her voice tells me something is wrong.
"You look hot" she's referring to me dressed in this revealing outfit and I'm shrugging.
"It's hot"
"How did you come here? Your car-"