Eight

"And with those lips made of lust;
Tell me we're not hollow;
that our kisses were honest,
Tell me we're forgiven.

And if loving you was a sin
then I swear
no hell had ever tasted so sweet." - g.t.

Jho woke up extra early the next morning because the venue of the shoot was an hour drive from their hotel. She sent a message to check on Bea.

To: Bea de Leon

Are you awake? We need to be out in a bit.

She threw her phone, took a warm bath then dressed up. She wore her UP hoodie over her shirt and dried her hair. She scans through her messages to find nothing from Bea.

She decides to knock on her door. She can go on her own anyway. Bea could relax for today then she'll be the one to explain to Tito Elmer if ever she gets into trouble.

"Bea? Gising ka na ba?" Jho's voice was loud enough for a sleeping person to hear, but gained no answer.

"Beatriz?" She calls again.

She heard heavy steps approaching before Bea slightly opens her door, and only revealed her eyes. "Jho..." her voice was unusually hoarse.

"Uhm, I was just wondering if you'd still come with me cause we have to leave now if we want to be on time," Jho asked with a sheepish smile.

Jho knew Bea was smiling on the other side without even seeing her. "Give me a few minutes. I just woke up. Sorry," Bea paused, "I'll see you downstairs in a bit, okay?"

Jho nodded and went straight to the lobby to wait for Bea.

Bea could feel her body being pulled down to the ground. Every step she took was a burden. Although she needs to rest today because she feels like she is about to faint, she can't leave Jho without entrusting her to someone she personally know.

She skipped the shower since the weather is freezing and she caught a fever. She was helplessly shivering under the covers in the middle of the night and what more if she lets water run through her skin. Instead, washed her faced and brushed her teeth.

"Tara Jho," Bea said as she tapped Jho's shoulder. Her voice was still weak.

The moment Jho saw her, she instantly became worried. Bea looked indeed horrible. She checks her temperature using the back of her palms and immediately jerks it away after the immense heat from Bea's skin as it touched hers.

"Ang taas ng lagnat mo! Ano ba iniisip mo ha?" Jho scolds Bea as she shook her shoulders.

"Whoa. Stop. Nahihilo ako lalo," Bea complains with her eyes closed.

"Bumalik ka na dun sa taas. It's not good for you to be out," Jho firmly commands. Bea was instantly reminded of her mother. She bit her lip to suppress a smile.

"Do you think I'll leave you on your first day? You don't even know anyone there. Pano kung mawala ka or ano-"

Jho rolled her eyes upon hearing Bea's lame excuse. "Malaki na ako at may phone ako. Hello? 2016 na."

"I insist. I'll stay inside the van and rest after introducing you to the director. Deal?" Bea tried to look fine by flashing her signature grin that revealed a small dimple just below her lower lip.

"As if you'd let me go anyway. Tara." Jho said then grabs Bea's hand to lead her to the car.

--

Bea shivered as she stepped out of the van. Her eyes roamed the area to find the director. Their eyes met and a smile formed on both of their lips. Bea jogged towards him while holding Jho's wrist.