Eighteen

"Every time
I take a step back
from you,
I take two steps forward
because I can't stand
how it felt."

Chloë Frayne

"Dude!" Kim and Ara bawled.

"Bey!" Mika squealed.

"Baby besh!" Den and Alyssa shrieked.

Her friends welcomed her at the airport with a group hug as soon as she stepped out of the arrivals gate. She missed them so much because they weren't able to talk that much since she left and she couldn't wait to bond with them.

Ara, being the shorter one, hooked her arm around her lower back. "Ano plano? Inom mamaya?"

She rolled her eyes. Some things really never change. "Tumigil ka nga, Victonara. Inom lang nasa isip mo. Bagong buhay na ako oh. I'm a chef!"

"Guys! Guys! Nagmamayabang na yung de Leon dito oh. Chef na kasi," Ara said with a teasing smile.

"Bakit ba? She's entitled to be proud of herself naman ah. Sa hirap ba naman ng pinagdaanan niya," Mika butts in with a raised brow.

Ara looks down, embarrassed. "Sabi ko nga."

"Tamed!" Kim teased while Alyssa and Den were snickering from behind.

"Oh, anong meron? Bakit kayo tumatawa dyan?" She asked, her attention shifted from one person to the other.

Ara nudged Kim when she was about to open her mouth.

"Wala naman, Bey. Ang funny kaya. Di ka ba natatawa?" Kim diverted.

She frowned. She suspects that her friends are hiding something from her. "Wag ako ha. Akala ko ba magkakaibigan tayo dito? Why do I feel so left behind?"

"Eh kasi..." Ara's voice was hushed.

"Sige, subukan mong magdeny," Mika warned with her arms crossed.

"Bey, nililigawan ko na si Ye." Ara blushed upon the admission.

Why was she not shocked. She has seen this coming. There was really something different about the way they were treating each other since the beginning of their friendship and she was glad that at last, they were able to channel their feelings.

"I'm not surprised. Well, good luck to Mika, Bud! You know how cranky she can get sometimes," she said and flashed a wide grin.

While they were having their group lunch at some fancy restaurant (bill was of course on her since according to her friends she was the rich one - like super rich.), she opened up about the restaurant she was planning to manage.

"That's great, Bea. Baguio is a wise choice, but have you thought about some other places?" Den asked.

Bea pursed her lips in deep thought. "I haven't eh. I'll follow up the details pa from dad. Suggest naman kayo."

"Tagaytay! Marami ng pumupunta dun lalo na weekends!" Kim quickly spoke.

"Vigan! Super rich in tradition yung place. You'll love it," Mika said.

"Why not settle here in Manila first para mas madaling bantayan? You're just starting pa and it's important that you make a good name," Alyssa suggested.

She unconsciously nodded. It was a practical decision since she is a beginner, so she should be in a place where she is comfortable and familiar.