Ten

"She made me believe
this bed
was made for two.
Tonight my pillow whispered,
'It's ok. I miss her too.'"

Jho missed her alarm the next morning. She found it hard to sleep after being plagued with the usual nightmares. She had less than an hour to fix herself.

She rushed to finish, both of her hands busy holding the hairdryer and brush.

While she rode the Uber, she received a message from Bea.

From: Bea de Leon

Hey drop by at my office I cooked breakfast for you! ☺️

Her stomach grumbled as images of greasy bacon and eggs, fried rice and pancakes flashed in her mind. Her favorite breakfast meals.

She wanted to decline but there's a long day ahead of her and she needs all the energy she can get to survive.

To: Bea de Leon

What's the occasion?

She hit send.

From: Bea de Leon

I promised you I'll let you try one of my dishes right? But don't expect too much. Just your typical breakfast 😅

Jho's cheeks flushed upon reading Bea's reply. It was very sweet of her to make her breakfast. She marveled at the thought that Bea remembered the little things they talked about.

When she arrived at the office, she went directly to Bea. A big grin welcomed Jho when she entered the room.

"Good morning!"

Jho smiled sweetly and approached the table then sat across Bea. "Good morning Miss Bea."

"Basta pag tayo na lang dalawa just call me by my name. Ang weird Jho."

"Ang bastos ko naman? Pero sige sabi mo eh. Madali lang ako kausap."

Bea quickly got the food from the paper bag and set it in the middle of the table then opens the tupperware. She hands Jho the utensils which the latter accepted with a smile.

"Well, there's omelet there, bacon and apple cinnamon waffles." She scratched her temple. "I wasn't able to cook the pancakes. Malalate na ako."

"Ano ka ba? Ang dami kaya nito! And in fairness they look mouthwatering." Jho excitedly took a bite of the omelet.

"Hmmm," Jho gave her a big thumbs up. "Beatriz ang sarap!"

She chuckles in amusement. It was just a simple meal but the amount of appreciation Jho has shown was truly heartwarming.

After that, Jho did not talk to her anymore. Instead, she focused her attention on the delicious food prepared for her.

"Dahan dahan lang Jho. Rice ka pa? You can have mine." She pushed her tupperware to Jho.

"Nako wag na. You're too thin you should eat."

"Take it. I'm not that hungry naman. You seem famished," she insists.

"Fine. Ang sarap kaya. Bahala ka nga dyan."

Jho consumed all the remaining food then stood up and rubbed her stomach repeatedly. "Thank you so much! You're no amateur. Balik na ako baka may makakita pa sa atin dito."

She waved goodbye before Jho could turn, a crooked smile forming on her lips. "Have a nice day, Jhoana."

Not long after, Deanna enters her office holding a planner and some documents. "Bakit kay biglang may baon si Boss Bea? I wonder."