Chapter 18 Perthena

Chapter 18: Hurt from inside

Darkness' POV

I glanced at Abyss as Percy spoke with Annabeth. He had a stiff posture. I glanced around and looked at all the monsters.

Knowing Crystal. She'll go after what I care for. In this case Abyss.

I heard Percy shout at us to attack. Abyss and the other quickly lunched at the monsters and began to slaughter them. Something wasn't right here.

I glanced around to see the monsters not attacking full force. I narrowed my eyes. This was strange. I glanced around to see them mostly go after Abyss. My eyes widen and anger consumed me. Abyss growled in anger and killed monster after monster. He became merciless.

My heart speed up when a monster was able to hit him on the back of the head. I gripped my spear in furry. I looked up to see the sun shining brightly weakening me by a lot. I won't be able to take them on with the sun out. I watched as the monsters picked up Abyss and disappeared with him. I looked around worried.

Abyss' POV

My head pounded. I let out a snarl and looked up at my other adoptive sister. Crystal. She smiled when she saw me.

"Abyss your awake." She yelled throwing her arms around my neck. I stiffened not use to others touching me other than Darkness. She's the only one who's hugged before.

"I've missed you." She whispered into my ear.

"What do you want?" I asked with a low growl.

Crystal smiled.

"You." She said looking into my eyes. I rose a brow.

"Why?" I asked curiously. She began to brush her finger over my cheek gently. Which caused me to stiffen more.

"I like you." She whispered. That knocked the air out of me. I was not ready for that. I placed my lips into a thin line.

"I want you as mine." She said unwrapping her arms from around my neck.

"Your married." I butted in giving her a pointed look.

"I know I can fix that. I want you. The one I love." She said. I bit the inside to my cheek. Thing was I liked both of my adoptive sisters. They're not my blood, but they have been like sisters to me. Both.

"I love Darkness." I told her. Crystals face formed hurt. She stood up and walked over to her throne. I looked at her. Her back was facing me. I could see anger, hurt, and hate with her posture.

"She always gets what I want." She mumbled. I took a step back and glanced around.

"I'll find a way to make you love me. I'll destroy Darkness." She yelled at me. I looked at me blankly. She turned around and walking towards me. Until she was face to face with me again.

"I'll destroy everything until I get what I want." She whispered and placed a small kiss on my lips. I didn't have time to register what she did before the doors blew open. By now Crystal was standing in the door way. Destruction standing there smiling widely. I let out a snort.

Poor guy. His wife doesn't love him. Like he loves her anyway. I opened a portal back to camp escaping from Crystal. She turned to face me with a look of sadness, and hurt. I waved goodbye and walked through.

I landed in the middle of a battle. The warriors where killing monsters left in right. I took out my sword and got ready to fight.

I glanced around to see Darkness fighting off six monsters. I knew she could take them. No need to worry. I glance to my left to see a monster running towards me. As it ran by me. I slashed its head right off his body.