Blur

*This chapter might be confusing, but I'll try to explain. Basically it's gonna be set in Lin's pov, but like a flash back and I'll further explain at the end if I still feel like it's confusing*

It happened so quickly. I don't even know what exactly happened. It's a blur, sir.

I was at Disney, discussing a deal to write the music to a few up coming projects they were working on, and I agreed. Moana and the new Marry Poppins. That was my next project to work on. Both of them.

There was a girl. Willow. She was flirtatious. But I have Pippa. Sebastian.

Pippa.

"Pleasure to do business with you, Mr. Miranda" I remember the man saying and firmly shaking my hand.

"Mr. Miranda! Have a nice day, and we'll see you soon" Willow said playfully nudged me.

I shook it off and walked back to my car. Got it, called Pippa. She didn't answer. I left a message.

"Hey beautiful. Just calling to check in. You're probably hard at work. I'm just leaving the meeting now and heading to get Sebastian. Have a good one. Love you"

I set my phone in the cup holder and drove off.

I remember there being some idiot driver who kept riding my bumper. I tried to not let it bother me.

The traffic was insane. I don't remember which was worse, LA traffic or NYC traffic. Either way, I was stuck in traffic.

I grabbed my phone and quickly punched in the address to Sebastian's daycare and maybe it would reroute me to a back road or something.

I just wanted to get my son and go home.

Home.

Son.

The GPS on my phone started talking and to my surprise, it did find me a new way. I started to pull out of the line of traffic I was in to cut across to a road that wasn't that busy across the way.

I was careful pulling out. I looked to see if anyone was coming. I didn't notice anyone, so I proceeded.

Then, boom. Crash.

Everything went black. I couldn't move. I couldn't hear.

What happened? Was this it?

Pippa..

Sebastian...

"Lin, Lin! Can you hear me? Lin!" I see Pippa, running next to the doctors by my side. All I see is white light and her face, but only in and out.

I reach for her hand but before she can grab it, I'm ushered away from her and I hear her scream.

Pippa...

"Lin? Lin, you're awake" I hear Pippa say as I open my eyes.

I look around and see that I'm in the hospital.

"W-what h-happened?" I ask, in an attempt to sit up.

"No, no, no, don't sit. Just lay down. You were in a car accident, and you're in rough shape right now. You just got out of surgery.." she said reaching for my hand.

I held her hand and looked at her.

"W-where's Sebastian?" I ask, still trying to sit up.

"Sssh. He's okay. Don't sit up. It's okay. You need some rest." She said and adjusted the covers and she gently stroked my face.

"I'm so glad you're alive..."