My Wedding, My Rules

(The bridesmaid dresses)

Maya:
"What are we gonna do riles? what are we gonna do?" I said as I paced around the room. Riley picked at her nails as she said "I don't I would've thought you guys had this stuff figured out already". I stopped pacing and looked at her and said " you've gotta be the worst maid of honor I'll ever had". She got excitedly and squealed and said "finally... yes Maya I'd be honored to be your maid of honor". I looked at her with a blank expression at first but her smile made me smile. She grabbed my hand and I said "where are going riles?". She opened the door to Zay's truck and I climb inside and she shut the door and walked into the house. About a minute she came back out jiggling the car keys. I rolled my eyes as I watched her get in the front seat and start the car. I said "Riles where are we going?" and she looked at me like I was stupid and said "ice cream duh". I was about to say something and she said "to make this country Texas wedding happen where else". I put my hands up to surrender and she pulled the car out of the driveway and said "that's a good peaches".

( 2 hours later)
I found myself wanting to laugh as I saw Riley walking out of another lot with a frown on her face she got in the car and I jokingly said "well how'd it go?". She looked at me slowly and said "if I hear about this mud run one more time..." she stopped herself because Riley doesn't like to curse and then she surprised me when she yelled " I mean what the hell is a Mighty Mud Dash". I bursts out in laughter as she slumped down in her seat and groaned in disappointment. She started the car and I said "where are we going now...that's all the places?" She didn't look at me and she said "were going dress shopping" with a smile on her face. About twenty minutes later we finally found a dress shop and walked in. We began looking through dresses. I found on that I kind of liked and showed Riley. She liked the dress so I smiled and went to try it on I came back out to show Riley and she was in aww and I said "I don't really like it". She looked at me like she was about to cry and said "but Maya this the only dress spot in this city..." with a baby voice. I looked at her and said "I don't care my wedding, my rules if i have to I'll get married in this jeans". Riley groaned and said fine but we wearing these as she held up the dresses. I smiled and I basically drooled over those dresses and then it hit me and I said "Riley why are there three dresses?". She didn't look at me and said "because there's three bridesmaids". I stood there for a second and I said "nope there's you.... Vanessa....-" she cut me off and said "and Smakle" I said "Smakle? Like as in Isadora Smakle, Farkle's Smakle...". She looked at me and nodded and I went back to get out the weeding dress. She sighed and said "she's our friend Maya and she needs to know we're there for her. I knew that what Riley did was probably the right thing to do but that didn't mean I liked and I said "Fine... she can come just promise me no Smarkle drama". I could basically hear Riley smile as she said "done no drama... none what's so ever".

(1hour later)
We actually did end up getting ice cream after that failed attempt at getting my wedding dress. We must've seen at least a hundred and none of them seemed to fit. So we literally were just walking down another street talking about absolutely nothing when I saw the cutest dress I've ever seen. Riley was talking but I really didn't care in ran into the thrift shop. I ran over to the dress and started to twirl the dress around and an employee came over and said "it's on sale...". I didn't even notice Riley who was behind me until she said "absolutely not it's her wedding d-" I cut her off and said "we'll take it". I heard the employee said you "here that Dan I knew someone would take it".  Riley waited until the employee left and said "Maya were in the thrift store... buying your wedding dress". I looked at the dress one more time and said " exactly Riles my wedding dress for my wedding". I had The hugest smile on my face and then the employee came back and said "still want it?" I looked at Riles as she mumbled something and then she smiled and said "of course".