Dream Vs Reality

Maya: were there definite ways to tell the difference between reality and dreams? Because right now, I have no clue. Because even though the last words I remember hearing belong to Josh, right now I wasn't sure what was real. Inside the dream there is a complete universe,A dream for my maya had always seemed like a new reality but right now, standing in the middle of the hallway she stared, looking at Josh as he wailed and kicked and screamed reminded Maya of the way the twins had behaved during there terrible twos. To say the least Maya felt embarrassed and she wanted him to stop and come back to his senses but then again Josh's actions seemed to scream pain, so Maya wanted to know what exactly could be so painful and had happened so suddenly while she was asleep... if she had been asleep.

"Josh stop it please" she had spoken softly but there was this strength to her words, that Josh would have stopped to look up at her but there was no response.

Good, this must be a dream.

Or he's just ignoring me.

But before I could even test either one of my guesses a doctor showed up. Dr.Gardner,
but right now he wore casual clothes and he seemed like our old friend now. Charlie Gardner. Charlie didn't speak at first only putting a comforting hand on Josh's shoulder, while Josh continued crying ignoring the young doctor's presence.

"They're beautiful you know, your boys are really beautiful Josh"

"I can't believe she's really gone"

"Josh-

"Shut up! Please just... Maya's dead Gardner! She's dead!"

"Yes, Joshua and I'm sorry okay. I'm truly sorry but your boys, there here. They're alive. And they need you".

"And I need Maya"

Then Charlie did something unexpected, he hoisted josh up by his shirt yelling " my god Matthews, these boys are all that's left of your wife and your yet to see them? You can either follow me willingly or lord so help I'll drag you".

The state off between the two lasted for a while before josh dropped his head in shame, while Gardner slung an arm over the other's shoulder.

"Well then Mr. Matthews, come with me"

And for the love of god, Maya wished this was just a Dream.