Home

Farkle: I shouldn't have been so happy to wake up to extra weight on my already bruised lower body and drool on my scared face but at this moment I couldn't be happier. Finn laid sleeping and cuddling my face with his baby hands and Smakle slept in a chair using my legs as her pillow. Somehow waking up and being in this empty and bland hospital room with Finn and Smakle, I felt more at home than in my own home. Maybe because deep down I knew they were my home. I gently placed Finn in a more secure spot before sitting up to properly look at them. They slept the same. Silently but drooling. I took the time to embrace this peace, this tiny bit of feeling of a home I couldn't have. I smiled happily and looked down at the sleeping women, I silently moved over to be closer to her and suddenly my hands were tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear and then I whispered lowly, barely audible "your my home Smakle, please let me come back home". For a second I had forgotten that this women wasn't mine anymore but then my eyes landed on the ring on her finger and I realized that I had already locked myself out of my own home. I had stupidly given back the lock to Smakle's heart and the key to my home. My key belongs to someone else else now and even though I hate it I probably could never change it because sometimes you can't go back. Sometimes too much has changed. But what if my heart didn't change Smakle? What if your still my home?