e i g h t

Hyo's shocked face made him look away. She lifted her hand to touch his and both of them looked down in shock once they saw Hyo's hand resting on Tae's. He wasn't fully defined but he had definitely a formed body.

He looked up at Hyo with a surprised expression. "How..." She asked but he swallowed hard.

"I have no idea." He said looking then back at Hyo's small hand on his. He lifted his other hand and wrapped Hyo's hand between both of his hands. Her heart began to beat faster as he smiled but soon her door flew open and Hyo's mother rushed in. Tae immediately disappeared and Hyo turned around acting like nothing happened.

"What were you doing?" Cha Sunjeon asked but Hyo shook her head. "Ani... Nothing. Just looking through the window... What happened?"

"We're having dinner out tonight." Sunjeon said and Hyo nodded in agreement. "Ne." The mother smiled and closed the door.

She turned around and Tae was now standing in front of her. He looked at her and smiled tenderly. "I am sorry about that." She said pointing to the door, referring to her mother, he shrugged.

"It's fine." He said.

The urgent thirst of Hyo of knowing what caused Tae to remember his real name burst out through her words. "Do you remember anything else?" She asked eagerly.

Tae looked down at her and sighed. "No... Just that my name is Taehyung."

Hyo looked away and walked around the room. " Not even a last name?" She asked but he shook his head.

"I've been trying really hard, believe me, but it's useless... I don't know how that memory flashed on my mind. I don't know where it came from." He said and she noticed his eyes were honest and he was in fact clueless.

Not wanting to make him feel worse than he already was, she shrugged and smiled. "It's fine... Taehyung." She said and he smiled widely.

"If you don't have a last name, I can always share mine." She said winking at her. He laughed but then his smile vanished.

"Park Taehyung?... It really doesn't sound nice." He said pushing her gently away and they both laughed.

"Hyo-yah!" They both heard Hyo's sister calling from her downstairs. Taehyung looked at her and smiled sadly.

"Go." He said. She knew he didn't want her to leave but she didn't have a good reason to stay so she smiled and nodded as she grabbed her coat. "I'll be back soon." She said smiling before closing the door.

***

Hyo tried to sleep that night but she couldn't. There were many thoughts wrapped around her mind. She checked the clock and it was midnight and tomorrow she had school. She knew she'll look like a zombie but she couldn't care less.

She moved in her bed several times, trying to find a comfortable position but she failed at it. It was useless. She thought about Taehyung. It was only normal to feel curious about him. He had remembered his name and he claimed it was Taehyung, it only made sense since he told her the first time his name was Tae. He probably didn't remember his full name but now he did, only his last name was missing.

Thinking of ways of helping him made Hyo tired mentally. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Taehyung was such a common name in South Korea and even if he had a last name like Park, Kim or even Choi or Lee, it was still a hard mission since there must be thousands of Taehyungs out there.

But he was a ghost, and that means his human body must be dead. A sad feeling took over her emotions as she thought about him and his human life. Was he a student? How old was he? Maybe around his 20's or maybe younger? Did he had a friends? Family? A girlfriend?