Chapter 10

Noah's POV

I had just finished changing my clothes and I was going to ask Baylor if they look okay. I walked down the hallway and towards Baylor's room when I noticed that Jackson was in the living room, and he was talking to someone. Jackson pointed at me and the person turned around.

"DAD!!!!" I screamed and ran down the stairs. He lifted me up and I gave him the biggest hug ever.

"Don't cry buddy!" He told me when he noticed the tears on my face.

"I missed you so much" I told him. He said the same thing to me and then set me down. I looked over at Jackson who had a smile on his face.

"What is all the yelling for!?" Baylor asked, coming out of his room. When he saw dad, he smiled and slowly walked down the stairs where my dad met him with a hug.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Had to stop by and see my boys. I missed you guys!" My dad said.

"When are you leaving?" I ask him. I know it sounds bad that that's the first thing I ask, but he always leaves.

"Tonight" he says. My face immediately drops. I'm still happy to see him, but he could at least stay overnight.

"Oh." I say.

"But today we are gonna have tuns of fun!" He says trying to get us excited.

"Let's go!" Jackson says, trying to match his excitement. We go into the garage and we all get into Jackson's truck. My dad and Jackson sit upfront so Baylor and I are in the back.

"I feel like a five year old having to sit in the back" Baylor says to no one in particular.

"Hey! I'm 11, not 5" I whine. They all laugh at me. We pull into the IHOP parking lot and we head inside.

"I wanna sit next to you dad!" I say while sliding into the booth. We all get in and order drinks, I got a chocolate milk.

Breakfast was fun and it was good to have a meal with my family.

After breakfast dad decided to take us bowling. We used to go all the time because my mom was really good, but it's also fun.

When we pulled up to the alley, it was super crowded. We went inside and got our shoes.

"Ready to get your butt whooped?" Baylor asked, lacing up his shoes.

"Why are you talking to yourself?" I asked. He always says that to me so I said it to him.

"Haha, very funny" he answers sarcastically.

We get ready and the order is Dad, Baylor, Me, and then Jackson. My dad is pretty good and so is Baylor, but I'm not that good.

"I suck!" I say and slouch down in my chair. I just got my third gutter in a row.

"No you don't" Jackson says, ruffling my hair as he walked by. He went up and bowled a strike.

"Ugh!!!!!! What the heck!" I whine.

"Hey, Noah you aren't allowed to be sad or mad." My dad tells me.

I ended up getting a 23, my dad got 97, Baylor got 148, and Jackson got 130.

"I told you I'm awful" I say as we get in the car.

"Well, wanna go to the batting cages? You're good at that" My dad asks. Normally I would say yes but I'm super tired.

"Not really. Can we go home?" I question.

"I guess we can" He says and Jackson pulls out of the parking lot and heads home.

When we get home I go inside and lay on the couch.

"You feeling okay?" My dad asks.

"Yeah" I say.

My dad goes off, probably into his office to do work.

I heard the front door open and Jackson's voice greet the person. I looked up and saw a pizza guy at the door. I jumped off the couch and ran up behind him.

"Oh, hey buddy, take this into the kitchen while I pay." He tells me and hands me the pizzas.

"PIZZAS HERE" I scream through the house. Baylor comes downstairs, sliding on the railing.

"Why'd you yell?" My dad asks.

"He always does that" My brothers say in unison.

"After pizza can we swim?" I ask looking outside to the pool.

"Sure bud" Jackson answers.

We finish eating our pizza and I run upstairs to my room to put on a bathing suit.

When I had changed I went back downstairs and saw everyone outside.

It was still light outside and the sun was beating down, so I knew I would have to wear sunscreen.

"Jackson? Can you put on my sunscreen?" I ask, he always does it for me.

"I can do it for you" My dad tells me.

"Um, I'll let Jackson do it because I never get a sunburn when he does it" I say truthfully.

"Oh, ok"

Dad's POV

I was a little hurt when Noah wanted Jackson to put his sunscreen on. I mean I'm his dad and I'm supposed to do stuff like that because his mom isn't here. I guess I do need to come home more. My kids don't even rely on me, they rely on Jackson and Jackson relies on them.

I sat on the edge of the pool and watched them. Their faces full of smiles. Noah's laugh bounced around and I couldn't help but smile.

I'm so proud. Of everything. They all handled Riley's death very well and are getting along just fine. Without parents.

(This chapter is really bad I'm sorry. I'm
kinda having trouble coming up with ideas so if anyone has any be sure to let me know and ill credit you in the chapter!!!   - Jami 🏀)