Chapter 33

Noah's POV

School has been so boring today, I'm sitting in social studies and my teacher is old and makes the class awful. The only good thing is that Avery is in this class. She's been here for a week now and she's awesome. We hang out at lunch everyday together and text a lot too. I really like her and I

"Noah! What's the answer to number 4?" Mr. Culcarney asks, snapping me out of my trance.

"Umm, I don't know" I shrug, giving a little bit of attitude.

"Pay attention next time" he says, angrily, but went on with class regularly.

It felt as if it went on forever, but finally the bell rang for us to go home.

"Me. Carneal? May I speak to you?" Mr. Culcarney says. I roll my eyes so he can't see and walk over to his desk.

"What you did today was unacceptable, and you rarely ever pay attention. I'm going to give you a warning, but I will need to have a meeting with your parents."

"That won't be possible" I say.

"Excuse me?"

"You will have to meet with my brother, my parents aren't around" I say.

"That's fine, can we do it tomorrow during lunch, I assume he goes here" He tells me.

"Okay." I say and walk out of the classroom.

When I get to the lobby, the twins are waiting, looking annoyed.

"What took you so long?" Caleb asks as we head to the parking lot.

"I was talking to someone." I vaguely said, getting into the back seat of their car. I was not excited to tell Jackson about this. He is always so hard on me, and expects a lot. I also don't want him to tell my dad.

When we got home, I did all of my homework and took a shower. Then I sat on the couch and watched TV. Now I was just waiting for my brothers to get home.

"Hey munchkin, how was your day?" Baylor asked jumping on the couch next to me.

"Good I guess." He smiles and runs upstairs, he just recently got his cast off so is back to practice, the team is now in playoffs.

I assumed that they drove separately, so I was still waiting for Jackson.

"I have pizza!" Jackson yelled as he shut the door. All of the boys came trampling down the stairs, running past me.

"Leave some for me" Jackson told them, he then came into the living room.

"Go get some pizza bud" Jackson ruffles my hair.

"Did you shower already?" He asks me.

"Yep!" I stood up and headed to the kitchen where my brothers were eating pizza.

I grabbed a piece of cheese pizza and sat at the counter eating it.

I decided that I wanted to talk to Jackson in private so I ran upstairs, hoping he was out of the shower.

"Jackson?" I knocked on the door.

"Come in" he said from the other side. I opened the door and he was sliding on his shirt.

"I have to tell you something" I looked down at my hands.

"Okay, what's up?" he seemed to be in a good mood so that's okay.

"So I got in trouble in school, my social studies teacher wants to have a meeting tomorrow." he didn't say anything but just sat down and sighed.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"What did you do?"

"I wasn't paying attention then was rude. He said that he is worried about me or something." I shrug.

"Noah. Look at me."

I look up, met with a face of disappointment.

"Give me your phone."

"Please no! I'm sorry Jackson. Please don't be mad." I plead.

"I'm not mad but you still have consequences for your actions. No phone for 2 weeks." I decide to give up and just hand it over, seeing as arguing would get me nowhere.

Jackson's POV

I wasn't mad at Noah, but he rarely gets disciplined, so I decided to take his phone. He was upset, but I wasn't going to break, no matter how bad I felt.

"I'm going downstairs, are you coming?" I ask him.

"No, I don't think so." He said sadly. It hurt me a little bit, but I headed downstairs anyways. I walked to our dads room and put Noah's phone in the locked drawer, then went to grab some pizza.

"Where's Noah?" Aaron asks as I sit down on the couch with the boys.

"Upstairs, he's in trouble, and I took his phone so he's upset" I explained.

"What did he do?"

"His social studies teacher wants to have a meeting with me, he's been getting in trouble and not paying attention."

"Oh! Noah's actually getting disciplined for once" Baylor jokes.

"Shut up" I punch his arm.

"Well, he never gets in trouble with you, I always do. You are way to soft on him." Baylor explains.

"I know, but he always gets so upset and it makes me feel bad" I sigh.

"Suck it up and yell at him" Caleb laughs at his own joke.

We sat and watched the hockey game, just chilling, but Noah came down the stairs.

"Hey little man" Baylor smiles to him. He waves slightly and walks over to me. I lift him up and set him on my lap.

"I'm so sorry Jackson, are you still mad?" He asks, laying his head on my shoulder.

"No" I kiss his head.

"Well, in that case can I have-"

"No" I cut him off.

"Fine" he huffs. I smile slightly. Noah ended up falling asleep on my chest, but I moved him to the spot next to me so his head was on my legs.

"He's actually so cute when he sleeps, I think he should always be asleep" Baylor says, poking Noah's face.

"Stoooopp" Noah swats away Baylor's hand.

"Well that might be true, but you're going to wake him up. So stop.

"See, you're so hard on me"

I roll my eyes, brothers are exhausting.

(Sorry for not updating! I've been really busy and am still short on ideas) - jami