Chapter 28

Noah's POV

Today we are headed to Aruba and I'm super excited. Right now we are in the car and headed to pick up Julie and her kids and are heading to the airport. We pulled into a fairly nice neighborhood, and up to a house at the end of a street. Julie came out followed by two boys who looked around my brother's age.

"Noah and Baylor hop in the very back please" my dad instructs.

"Hi boys!" Julie beams, I smile to her as they all get in the car.

"Introduce yourselves" Julie tells her sons.

"Oh, I'm Caleb" the one in the blue shirt told us.

"I'm Aaron" the other said.

We introduced ourselves and then rode to the airport in silence. Luckily it wasn't too crowded so we got to our gate pretty quickly.

"Ok, we have an uneven amount of people so someone will be sitting next to a random person." Dad says.

"I will, I fly alone a lot anyways" Jackson offers.

I was trying my best not to fall asleep sitting at the gate because then I would have to wake up to get on the plane anyway.

"Group One to Aruba now boarding" the lady said and we all got up and boarded the plane.

Once we got situated the seating was my dad, Julie and Aaron in a row, Caleb, Baylor, and I behind them and Jackson was on the other side, across from Caleb.

"How long is this flight?" I ask Baylor.

"9 hours." I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder. The plane begins to take off and I watch from the window.

Once we were in the air I immediately fell asleep with my head in Baylor's chest.

Baylor's POV

Noah fell asleep right after we got in the air, so I started talking to Caleb.

"So, what grade are you in?"

"I'm a Junior."

"Play any sports?" He looks pretty athletic so I assumed.

"Um, yeah, football and lacrosse" he tells.

"Oh cool, I play those and hockey."

We talked for a little bit about sports and then he started asking about Noah.

"How old is he?" He points to the sleeping boy.

"11" I smile.

"You guys seem to get along."

"Well yeah, since normally Jackson and I are watching him we've gotten pretty close."

"Aaron and I are super closer but I think it's because we're twins" He laughs.

"So you were at your dad's house for Christmas."

"Yeah, my parents switch holidays every year. So my dad got Christmas" Caleb informs me.

"Where does your dad live?"

"Spokane"

"Where does your mom live?" He asks me.

"Um, she died a couple of years ago" I said and he fell silent.

"It's okay, you didn't know." I say.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while until I decided to watch a movie on my laptop. I watched that and then moved onto Hawaii 5-o which is one of my favorite shows. Noah started wiggling in my lap.