Chapter 16

Noah's POV

I've been in school for about a week now, it's been pretty good. I made a lot of friends and I like my teachers. It's Friday night and the day before club soccer tryouts.

I'm kinda nervous because normally you know the coach before tryouts. Baylor and Jackson think that I'm gonna make it because they say I'm really good but I'm not sure.

I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep right now, but my head won't shut up.

I heard my door creak open and a strip of light shone in. I rolled over to face the door and saw one of my brothers but I couldn't recognize which one.

"Noah, why aren't you asleep?" The voice I recognized as Jackson asked.

"I'm sorry, I can't sleep. I'm so nervous." I say shakily, I don't want to get in trouble for not being asleep. It is 10:00.

"Come sleep with me buddy" He tells me, putting his arms out. I nod and push myself out of bed, I grab my blanket and follow Jackson to his room.

I crawl into his bed and he goes into his bathroom. I hear the sink and then him brushing his teeth.

He walks out of the bathroom and climbs into bed.

"Go to bed, you're gonna do great. I love you munchkin" He says, kissing my head and then rolling over.

"No, I wanna cuddle" I whine, he laughs and turns back over. He wraps his arm around me and I cuddle closer to him and slowly drift into sleep.

next morning

Jackson's POV

I woke up to the sound of knocking at my bedroom door. I peeled open my eyes and saw Noah laid down next to me, dead asleep.

"What?" I say quietly, trying not to wake up Noah. The door opens and Baylor comes in.

"Just wanted to tell you that I'm going out and will be back in like 3 hours" he tells me and the starts to turn around.

"Hey, slow down. Where are you going?" I ask. He rolls his eyes and says

"Breakfast with this girl I met" I nod and he leaves.

I decide that I should probably wake up and make some food for Noah and I. I sneak out of the bed, careful not to wake my sleeping brother. I go into my bathroom and then my closet to get ready for the day.

When I go back into my room Noah is still dead asleep. I look at the time and it is 9:00.

Noah has tryouts at 10:00 so I should probably get him up.

"Noah, time to get ready for tryouts." I say, shaking him. He rolls over and slightly opens his eyes. He sits up and rubs his eyes.

"Get dressed and then come down for breakfast." I tell him. He nods and goes to his room.

I run down the steps and pop some waffles in the toaster. He comes down a few minutes later wearing some soccer clothes.

It's an indoor soccer team so he was okay to wear shorts so he wouldn't be cold.

"Waffles?" He asks, and hops up on the stool. I nod and place them on a plate in front of him.

"Eat quick" I say.

Noah's POV

We were on the way to tryouts and my nerves were starting to get the best of me.

"You're gonna do great, I'll be back to get you at 12." Jackson says, pulling up to the curb.

"Ok" I grab my bag and hop out of the car. I wave goodbye and head inside. I see Easton and a few of my friends in there.

"Noah! Over here" Sean yells. I walk over to him and set down my bag. I take off my slides and slip on my cleats. Then I put on my knee brace.

"Why do you have to wear that?" David asks.

"Oh, well in august at my school tryouts I tore my PCL and now I have to wear this when I play" I tell him. He nods and then a coach started announcing names.

"David Zico, Jacob Hawthorne, Noah Carneal, Sean Kelly, Easton Tract, Shane Owen, Peter Door, Gavin Frinn, Will Kitesteen." He says, we all stand up and walk over to him. The other half of the boys go with the other coach.

"Okay, we're gonna start with some passing drills and some conditioning."

The conditioning was fairly easy as I'm used to doing it and stuff. Next we were having a scrimmage, I had a good team so it was okay.

"Okay, thanks for coming out! We will call you in one by one to tell you if you made it or not." Coach Green said.

I sat next to my friends as we waited anxiously. David was called and then I was right after him. I walked into the room and the coaches were sitting in chairs.

"Noah Carneal, correct?" I nodded.

"You really impressed us new kid. Welcome to the team" Coach Green smiled.

"Thank you sir" I said and walked out, a smile on my face. I saw Jackson in the lobby, I quickly flashed Easton and then a smile before grabbing my bag and heading out.

"I made it!" I said and hugged Jackson.

"Good job bud!!" He smiled and kissed my head.

"Let's go home" he said.

It's finally starting to feel like home here. I've got friends, family and now soccer.

(Sorry it took so long to update!!! I've been really sick and was kinda out of it. I will try to update quickly from now on)