Chapter 5

Noah's POV

Today is the day of tryouts for the middle school. My other soccer season is over and now the middle school soccer season will start, if I make the team.

"Noah! Let's go!" Baylor yells from downstairs, I run down and to the car.

"Sorry, I couldn't find my cleats" I say and slip them on my feet and lace them up. We pull up to the field and there is a lot of people on the field already.

"Good luck buddy, Jackson and I will be here at 4 to pick you up." He said as I jumped out of the car and ran onto the field.

"Noah! Glad you could make it" Coach Buddy said as I set down my bag.

"Me too" I said.

We started out with some drills to see our technique and skills, then we did a scrimmage. Coach evenly split up the teams and I ended up on defense.

A ball came back to me and I went to kick it up field when this kid named Gabe who played for A3 tried to kick it as well and ended up kicking my knee and it bent the wrong way. When I fell I could feel a sharp pain in my knee.

"Noah! Are you okay?!" Brennan yelled from the goal. I laid on the ground holding my knee and the assistant coach came up to me.

"Noah, is it your knee?" He asked, I nodded and rolled onto my back. The whole team took a knee as Coach Ray examined me.

"Lemme know if this hurts" he says while bending my knee. I wince and grit my teeth.

"Okay, I think you may have torn something but and MRI will show, but for now let's get you to the sideline." He said and helped me off the field. He sat me on the bench and put ice on my knee. I sat and watched for the rest of tryouts, they ended with a lot of running which I was kinda glad I didn't have to do, but was really bummed about getting hurt. I knew I would get cut now, until Coach Buddy came up to me.

"Okay, I know you're a good player, so I'm not gonna cut you, but you have to come to everything to do with this team, and let me know right away the knew about your knee." He said making me smile.

"Yes sir, thank you" I said, Brennan came up to me at the end.

"Make sure to let me know what the doctor says" he says, I nod and see Baylor and Jackson walking towards me.

"Coach called me! What happened?" Jackson asked concerned.

"I went to kick a ball and so did another kid and he kicked my knee and it bent weird and coach ray thinks I tore something and i need an MRI. But coach buddy says that I'm on the team based on what he's seen! I just have to come to everything for the team!" I say trying to be positive.

"That's good, but this knee is looking pretty bad bud." He said, I sighed and he lifted me up, careful not to mess up my knee.

"Bye Noah, be sure to let me know what they say" Coach says.

Jackson set me in the car and I sat sideways with my knee straight, we drove to the ER knowing it probably wasn't good. The medicine coach gave me was starting to wear off so I was glad we were at the hospital, though I hate them.

Baylor carried me inside and we went to the front desk.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The nurse asked.

"Yes my brother Noah Carneal hurt his knee and we were told to get it checked out" Jackson answered.

"Okay, just fill these out and we will get you all set" she said.

30 minutes later

"Noah Carneal?" A different nurse said, Baylor stood up and carried me to the bed she pointed to. He sat me down and she started pushing on my knee making me yelp, I grabbed Jackson's hand and squeezed.