Chapter 1

Noah's POV

I woke up to the sound of the garage door, meaning my dad was leaving for work. My dad works a lot, and ever since my mom died 5 years ago, he's worked more than ever. Because he is always working, my older brothers take care of me.

I have two older brothers. Jackson who is 18, he is gonna be a senior this year. Jackson is quite popular and is the captain of the football team. Then there's Baylor, who is 16. Baylor is just like Jackson, is popular and good at sports, but he likes to party. I'm the youngest in my family, I am 11 and going into middle school. I play soccer and baseball and am pretty popular. My brothers are my main caretakers, they do everything for me, my dad is a good dad, but only when he is home.

Anyway, I woke up and looked at the clock. 6:00 AM. It was way to early to be up, but now that I'm awake, there's no way I can go back to sleep. I decided to go downstairs and watch tv. I quietly left my room and jogged down the steps. I went into the living room and sat on the couch, I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels until I found spongebob. I watched it for a while until I was interrupted.

"Noah?" Someone said from the top of the stairs, I looked up and saw Jackson standing there with nothing but sweatpants on.

"Yeah?" I say, still focusing on him. He slowly came down the stairs and sat next to me on the couch.

"What's up? Why are you up so early?" He asks, concerned.

"I woke up at like 6 and couldn't fall back asleep" I said and turned my attention back to the show.

"Oh, well go get changed, we're going to breakfast with Nana and Pop" He explained and pushed me off the couch. Nana and Pop are my mom's parents who we don't see a lot because they live in Georgia while we live in Maryland. I went up the stairs and into Baylor's room.

"Baylor?" I ask.

"Yes?" He responds from the closet.

"Can you help me pick out an outfit?" No response, I wait awkwardly outside of the closet for an answer.

"Sure" he says walking out, pulling a shirt over his head.

"C'mon" he pushes me out into the hallway. He went into the closet and came back out, he threw the clothes at me and walked back to his room.

"Thanks bubba!" I yell to him. I change into my clothes which are khaki shorts, a button up shirt, Nike socks and sperry's. I went into my bathroom  and brushed my teeth and hair. I checked myself one last time before heading to Jackson's room.

"Jackson? When are we leaving?" I say, bursting through his door, he was in his bathroom, shaving.

"Jeez!" He exclaims "Bud, you can do that, I could have cut myself" he says seriously.

"Oh. Sorry. I. I didn't know" I say while sitting on the edge of his bed. He was taking awhile so I laid down. And slowly drifted to sleep.

Jackson's POV

"Okay, I'm read-" I stopped myself when I saw my little brother curled up on my bed. I knew he would be tired, he did get up at 6 AM. I chuckle and lift him up. He wraps his legs around my torso and his arms around my neck and puts his head on my shoulder. I go down the steps and see Baylor sitting on the couch on his phone.

"Let's go" he gets off the couch and walks toward me.

"What the?" He points to Noah.

"He woke up really early today, I knew he was gonna crash" I say while heading into the garage. Baylor gets into the passenger seat and I put Noah in the back.