Chapter 27

Noah's POV

Today is Christmas Eve and I'm super excited because my dad is home and we are just relaxing as a family.

"Okay boys, I invited someone over to dinner tonight." My dad told us. Right now we are all just relaxing in the living room watching "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". It's one of our traditions.

"Who?" I ask.

"Her name is-"

"Her?!?"

"Her name is Julie. I met her through work. She is a mom at your school but her kids are with their father for Christmas and she's lonely. She's coming in an hour, you guys need to be good and polite" my dad glares at Baylor.

"I will. I will."

"Dad, do you like her?" I ask, he looks around and nods.

"What about mom?" Baylor interjects.

"Baylor, it's been five years. I know your mother would not want me to be alone for the rest of my life." I bury my head into Jackson's chest, I hate when my dad and Baylor fight.

I don't know if I was excited about this or not. I mean it will be good to have a mom figure since I don't remember mine.

"I guess I'll give her a shot" Baylor agrees begrudgingly.

"Ok. Well, she is gonna go ice skating with us, and then have dinner and do the one present tonight." Dad says and continued playing the movie.

Jackson's POV

We were about finished the movie when I heard soft snores from Noah. He had fallen asleep leaned on my chest, I quickly snapped a picture of him sleeping with the movie in the background and posted it to my Snapchat story. I always get the most comments on pictures of him. I was engrossed in my phone and didn't even hear the doorbell ring.

"Julie these are my boys." My dad said. I looked up and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Jackson" I say.

"Is this little cutie Noah?" She asks. I nod and smile, running a hand through his hair.

"And this is Baylor" my dad points to Baylor.

"Hi"

"Okay boys, how about you go get ready for ice skating" dad suggests.

"Ok. Noah, bud it's time to get up." I shake him. He whines but stands up and goes up the stairs.

Dad's POV

"They seem really sweet. Especially Jackson" Julie smiles.

"Yeah, they are really good"

"I wish my boys could have been here"

Julie has twin sons who are juniors at the school. I think they are pretty cool, but I have yet to meet them.

The boys come back down the stairs dressed for ice skating.

"Noah, this is Julie" I introduce. He waves shyly. He is always weary with new people, but hopefully he will soon warm up to her.

We all climbed in the car and headed to the ice rink. Julie and I decided we weren't going to skate so we watched.

Jackson and Baylor are obviously really good since they play hockey, but Noah struggles a bit. He can do it but is just super shakey.

Noah's POV

My butt hurts so bad right now, I have fallen so many times. Now Jackson is helping me and Baylor is skating off. He was a couple people ahead of us and skating pretty fast, but then a little girl in front of him fell. He tried to stop but went flying and fell to the ground.