Chapter 20

(^noah and jackson)

Noah's POV

Its been a few days since Baylor and my dad's argument and they still aren't on good speaking terms, but thats gonna have to change.

Tomorrow, we are all flying out to Maryland and are gonna be there for a week. Today is Sunday and Thursday is the anniversary of 5 years since we lost my mom, so we are gonna visit her. We get to stay a week though because we want to see everyone we have missed.

"Noah? Did you finish packing yet?" My dad asked, coming into my room.

"Yeah, Jackson took my bag to the car." I told him and closed my closet door.

"Okay, well come down for dinner please" he said. I followed him to the dining room where my brothers were filling their plates.

"Okay boys, we are leaving here at 4 tomorrow and our plane leaves at 5:15. Please I'd like to not miss it so no stalling." He said, turning to face me.

"I don't do anything!" I whine and take a bite of chicken.

"Okay sure" Baylor remarks. I glare at him and kick him under the table. He just kicks back harder.

"Oww!" I whine and hold my shin.

"Stop it, now." My dad says sternly.

"Noah, when you're done eating. Go shower" Jackson says when my dad gets up to answer a business call. I nod, acknowledging I heard him.

"I can't come out there today. I'm out for the week! Well, maybe I can go late. Okay. I'll see you tonight." My dad mumbled, walking back into the dining room. He hung up the phone and took his seat again.

"Guys, I have to go. We have an emergency, but I'll meet you guys in Maryland. I'll be there before Thursday. I promise." He says, sounding genuinely sorry.

"Will you guys be okay flying?" He asks.

"We've done it a lot without you. Don't worry" Baylor remarks before going up stairs.

"Bye dad. See you soon" I say and run up the stairs after Baylor.

"Noah, I don't want to talk to you." Baylor says, looking up from his phone.

"Do you want a hug?" I say with a cheeky smile.

His face softens into a small smile, he sighs but stands up and opens his arms.

"I don't like sad and mad Baylor" I say as I wrap my arms around his neck. I jump up so he's holding me. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I want my fun and happy big brother back" I say.

"I want him back too." He tells me.

"Where is he?" I laugh. Baylor sets me down, his face back to its basic frown.

"I don't know, I really don't."

"Maybe it's in Maryland. With mom" I smile.

"I hope."

NEXT MORNING

"Noah, time to get up" Jackson says, rubbing my back.

"Too early" I whine. He laughs and pushes my hair out of my face.

"Come on, just get dressed and to the car, you can sleep then." He tells me. I groan but sit up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I go to the bathroom and then get changed into some joggers and a tshirt. I pull my sneakers on and then go downstairs.

"Are we ready to go?" Jackson smiles. He's always been a good morning person, no matter the time.

I nod and so does Baylor, who looks half asleep. We go out to Jackson's car and get in. I immediately fall asleep with my head leaned against the window.

Baylor's POV

I'm pretty excited about going to Maryland because I miss everyone there. We rented a house for a week because we didn't want to be in a hotel. It's pretty nice and in a neighborhood near our old one.

We pulled up to the airport and Jackson told me to wake up Noah. I opened up the backdoor, which woke him since he was leaned on.

"Let's go. You have to walk, just through security though. Okay?" I ask. He nodded and slowly got out.

We walked in and checked our bags, then headed to security. Noah hates airports so he kept whining.

"This takes to long" He whines, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I know buddy, but we're close" I said, wrapping my arm around him.

"Okay, you guys can leave your shoes on since you're minors." Jackson says, slipping off his sneakers.

We put all of our stuff on the belt and I went through the machine no problem.

"Okay, Noah go ahead" I told him. He stepped through and it beeped.

"Oh no!" He whined and a tear fell down his cheek.

"I told you not to put that wheelchair near my machines!" The lady yelled at some worker.

"Can you walk through again please?" The lady asks. Noah wipes his tears and walks through, and it didn't beep.

"Thank you" she said.

"Baylor. I wanna go home" Noah cries.

"I know, I know. Come here" I say, opening my arms and giving him a big hug.

"Let's go to our gate." Jackson says, grabbing his bag.

"Are you okay buddy?" Jackson says, rubbing Noah's back when he notices his little brother's distress.

"Yeah, can we just go?" Noah asks. We nod and walk to our gate where the plane was about to start boarding.

We quickly board the plane and Noah quickly falls asleep, cuddled into Jackson.

I watched as the ground got smaller under our plane as it took off.

My eyes slowly started shutting and sleep overtook me. When I woke up, I would be in Maryland, my home, where I belong.