Chapter 24

Noah's POV

"Noah! Come help me please!" Baylor yells as he balances bags of chips in his hands.

"Okay!" I yell and turn off the tv. I run into the garage where Baylor has his truck full of groceries.

Tonight is the night of my soccer party and we are trying to get ready for it, we only have an hour before everyone arrives.

Baylor isn't really excited about having all these kids over, but Jackson has threatened to get him in trouble if he left.

"Please try not to be annoying, okay?" He asks me.

"I won't, geez! I'm never annoying" I joke, he rolls his eyes and puts the soda away.

"The movie room is set up" Jackson says, coming into the kitchen.

It was now 4:50 and people have started arriving. We decided on playing outside because it wasn't too cold today.

After everyone got there, Jackson ordered pizza for us. We ate it quickly then played some video games.

"Baylor!! Come here please!" I yelled.

"What" he said with attitude.

"Can you help me with the Xbox?" I ask sweetly. He sighed but went over to the tv. Once he got it working he left quickly, I don't think he wanted to be around us at all.

"Noah, how about you guys go set up the movie room and I'll get snacks" Jackson suggests.

"Okay!" I smile and we all head to the theater room. I ended up in a spot on the couch next to Easton and Hayden.

Jackson brought in a bunch of snacks and a couple movies.

"What do you guys want to watch?" He asks us, holding up the three discs.

"Oh! Split!" Oliver says and everyone agrees, well except for me.

I hate scary movies more than anything, and I started to get nervous.

"What? Oh, oops hold up" Jackson laughs and leaves the movie room.

"Baylor and I are watching that, pick from these three." He says and everyone sighs but we agree on watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

Jackson's POV

Baylor and I just finished our movie, so I was going to check on the boys. I opened the doors to the theater room and it was pitch black, guess someone turned off the movie. I turned on my phone flashlight and looked around, seeing everyone dead asleep.

"They're out" I told Baylor. He ignored me and kept his face on his phone.

"Thanks for helping me" I said, still no response. I rolled my eyes and smacked his head.

"Ow!! What the fuck Jax!" He yelled.

"First off, be quiet. Second, don't ignore me." I said and went up the stairs to my room. I went on my laptop, procrastinating doing a paper for government. I finally finished it and then fell asleep.

I woke up early, so I could make the boys breakfast. I decided on waffles since it's Noah's favorite.

Some random kid came out first and told me that he had to leave for some family thing. Then, like a stampede the rest of the kids came running into the kitchen.

"Good morning Jackson!" Sean said, sitting at the counter. I smile and set the waffles on the dining room table.

"I smell waffles!" Baylor yells running down the stairs. He steals a waffle from Noah's plate.

"Baylor! Give it back!" He whines to his older brother.

"Nope" Baylor tells him, his mouth full of waffle.

Noah stood up and jumped on Baylor's back. His team dies laughing.

Baylor slammed him on the ground and took off up the stairs.

"Owwww!" Noah says and his eyes fill with tears, but I know he doesn't want to cry in front of his teammates.

"You okay bud?" I say, he nods and sits up, holding his head.

After that everyone started to leave and by 11:00 everyone was gone.

"Thank you" Noah says, hugging me from behind as I wipe down the table.

"For what?" I say.

"Letting me have the party" He smiles.

"Your welcom-"

"JACKSON HOLY SHIT LOOK LOOK" Baylor screams running into the kitchen.

"Woah! Slow down!"I say and grab his arm.

"Deep breaths... what is it" I say , my hands on his shoulders. He shows me his phone and I read it. It was the hockey roster.

It was the varsity, I saw my name first, then saw Baylor's name.

"Congrats buddy!" I say and hug him.

"You made hockey?" Noah asks. We nod and he smiles.

Noah's POV

I was super happy for my brothers because they made the hockey team. But that means that they will be busy.

"When are practices and games?" I ask.

"Practices are everyday except Friday because we have games then" Jackson says, sitting on the couch.

"Oh" I say and sit next to him.

He pulled me into his lap and I curled into him. I know that I'm gonna be alone more often because they have practice, but I guess it's time for me to start staying home alone. I mean I am 11, and can't rely on my big brothers for everything.

"Whatcha thinkin bout bud?" Jackson asks me, stroking my hair. I shrugged my shoulders and just laid on him.

This was my favorite time. Just being with my brothers and it makes me sad to know that soon Jackson will be gone.

I mean I love Baylor more than anything and am happy that he will still be here, but I will miss Jackson more than words. He and I have always been super close probably because he's been taking care of me since I was like 7.

"Something's wrong. Come on, tell me" He tries.

"I just- it's just that hockey means less time at home and I- I wanna spend more time w- with you cause you're leaving" I say and a tear slips down my cheek.

"Oh, Noah. Don't worry I will spend all the time I can with you. And I don't leave for a couple months, don't worry" he reassures me.

"I'm not worried, just sad" I tell him.

"Don't be sad! I don't like sad Noah I like happy Noah!" He kisses my head, then starts tickling me. I burst into laughter and he does too.

"Why is there yelling?" Baylor says coming into the room.

"Jackson- is- is tickling me!" I say between laughs.

"Wanna be tickled too Baylor?"

"Fuck no!"