Chapter 12

Baylor's POV

Today is Friday and there is a huge party at my friend's house, but Jackson might not let me go cause I got in trouble yesterday.

(Flashback to Last Night)

"I'll be back around 10. Noah you better be in bed when I get home. And Baylor, be nice." Jackson says while he slips on his shoes. He is going out on a date with his girlfriend Alexis so I'm incharge.

"I will be" I roll my eyes. We get the same speech anytime he goes out somewhere.

"Okay, bye love you guys" He kisses Noah's head and ruffles his hair before grabbing his keys and heading into the garage.

"Why did he touch my hair?!" Noah whines as he tries fixing it, making me laugh.

"Come on, let's go." I say and push him towards the mud room.

"Where are we going?" He asks and puts on his sneakers.

"To dinner" I say and follow him outside. He nods and jumps in the front seat of my truck.

"Nope, get out, sit in the back, you know the rules" I say. It really is a safety thing, but I also don't wanna get yelled at by Jackson or my dad.

"Pleasssseee Baylor! I promise I won't tell!" He pleads.

"Nope" I pop the p.

"Oh come on!" He groans and climbs into the back.

"Thank you" I simply say and turn on the car. We pull out of the driveway and drove about 5 minutes to this steakhouse.

We go inside and I see my best friend Hunter sitting at the table.

"Come on" I say and Noah follows me. We sit down in the booth and greet Hunter.

"Hey Baylor, hi Noah" He says with a smile. Hunter has been my best friend since the 2nd grade when he moved in next door.

When Noah was younger he loves Hunter and wanted to be his best friend. Now it's not as bad, but Noah still likes when he comes over.

"So, where's the big bro tonight?" Hunter asks, taking a sip of his water.

"On a date" I say. Hunter nods.

We ate dinner and after that we went home. It was 7:30 when we got home and I had to find something to fill the time.

"Can we play NHL?" Noah asks as we walked down the stairs.

"Sure" I smiled.

We got the game set up and I was playing as the Blackhawks and Noah of course was the Caps.

I won the first three games and Noah was getting really mad. In the last period of the fourth game, I scored a point that put me in the lead.

"Stoop!!" Noah yelled and dropped his controller. He jumped on top of me and tried to mess me up. He took my controller and threw it.

I wasn't gonna let myself get beat up by an 11 year old. So I flipped him over. He was on his back on the ground and I had his arms pinned down.

"Whatcha gonna do now little brother?" I teased.

"Ugh!! Get off of me!!" He screamed. I laughed and got up. He stood up and ran at me, I picked him up and slammed him on the couch. Luckily he laughed.

"Stop!!" He giggled. I released him and sat next to him on the couch. Noah decided to come sit on me which I did not enjoy so I pushed him off. He fell off the couch and slammed his head on the coffee table.

"Owww!!" He screamed his pain, holding his head while tears streaked his face.

"Shit" I mumbled before standing up and then kneeling down to his level.

"Come here buddy I'm sorry" I told him. He slowly stood up, small sobs escaping his lips. I lifted him up and his layer his head on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I felt him nod and I set him down on the couch.

"Sit with me" he said and wiped his tears.

"Ok" I said and sat down.

He laid down so his head was on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair until he fell asleep. I then carried him upstairs and put him in his bed.

Jackson would be back in an hour so I decided to watch some of The Office. I had been watching for only 5 minutes when the front door swung open and slammed shut.

"Baylor?!" My brother half yelled.

"Yeah?" I ask, I was a bit confused.

"Why did I have my date interrupted by a call from Mrs. Richard. The guidance counselor, about your grades?" He asks, running a hand through his hair.

"Um. I- I didn't know" I say, honestly I don't check my grades sooo.

"Well, I hate to have to be like a parent right now" he says "but until you get your calculus and AP government grades up, you're grounded. Give me your phone please"

"Jackson, please, I promise I'll do better, please don't take my phone" I try.

"Baylor, you know what we expect, and you aren't meeting expectations"

"We expect? No, dad expects that. I thought you were different, but I guess not. I guess I have two dads and one brother." I say and slam my phone on the counter and storm up the stairs.

Jackson's POV

"Baylor! Come here!" I yell towards my younger brother as he storms up the stairs.

I roll my eyes and go up the stairs. I go into his room and see him on the computer.

"Baylor. Please. You know I only want the best for you" I say.

"Stop, just stop. Please just for once stop being my caretaker or guardian and just be my brother!"

"Baylor I want to be, but it's hard." I explain.

"Well then, try harder."

"Ok, I promise" I tell him.

"Am I still in trouble?" He asks.

"Sorry bud, you are, get those grades up, I'll help you if needed. I did pretty good in those classes" he sighs and nods.

"Sorry for making you leave early" he told me.

"Eh, it's okay" I said.

"Noah good?" I question.

"Yeah, he's sleeping or he was"

"Thanks" I start walking out. "Hey Baylor?"

"What?"

"You know I love you right?" I ask him.

"Yeah I know"

I smile and go down the hall into Noah's room. I crack open the door and see him sleeping soundly in his bed, under a bunch of blankets.

Present Day

Baylor's POV

I just got home, but Jackson wasn't home yet. I was gonna try and be really nice about it. The door opened and he came inside.

"Hey Jackson" I said nicely.

"Hey" he said and plopped down on the couch.

"Um, canigotoaparttonight?" I ask quickly.

"Huh?" He questions.

"Can I go to a party tonight?" I say, this time a bit slower.

"Did you do your homework?"

"I'm about to" I say.

"Yeah, you can go" he says.

"Thank you so much!!" I yell and jump off the couch.

That night I had a lot of fun and was super happy that Jackson let me go.