42 (Second)

Bryson

I drew another line on the wall.

"How long has it been?"

"Twelve hours" Other me sipped from a capri son.

I sucked my teeth. "Bullshit"

"Aight, five months"

I groaned. "Let me go"

"Nigga, I did. That's why I left your ass. But apparently I had no choice but to come back so here I am"

"This taking to long. I got a life to try and remember"

"Wait. Keep waiting"

"I won't get into anymore comas. Just let me go"

"We'll see"

Eris

My dad stared me in the face.

"You think I wanted this for you? Waiting for some boy who's damn near dead"

He worked for Bryson's dad.

Disrespectful, just disrespectful.

"No"

"So why'd you do it" He slammed his fists down on the table. "Why the fuck would you do it?!"

"I didn't-"

"Bullshit" He knocked everything off of the counter, and breathed heavy.

We locked eyes, and he broke eye contact before leaving the house and slamming the door behind him.

"Bryson's not - Bryson's not dead" I spoke, barely above a whisper.

Dying wasn't an option.

I cleaned up my mess, and went straight to my room.

We were living in Bryson's father's house, and he wants to talk shit about his son.

The same damn hand that feeds him - no, feeds us, and my father wants to talk about Bryson.

People ain't shit.

He doesn't even care about Bryson as an individual, all he cared about was what Bryson was to me.

Father or no father, I can't wait to get the fuck up outta here and cut his ass off.

I stepped into my room, and the door slammed closed behind me.

I didn't do it.

My breath caught in my throat, and I stood still.

As if it made me invisible.

"You see" He began talking. "I got a debt to be paid. A score to settle-"

"Brandon, go"

"Shut'cho dumb ass up and listen"

I could feel the nerves, and the shock going through my body.

"I got a score to settle with Bryson, but it looks like he got his. And you his latest bitch, so I thought I'd take it up with you"

"I can't - I didn't. I didn't want Bryson and Genesis together either"

"So?"

"Bryson's your brother. Your own flesh-"

"I thought Mya was my flesh, but she ain't. Now she dead. Now Bryson damn near dead. Soon as I pull the plug on his ass. Then I gotta get his bitch ass mama. But you first, babygirl"

I turned quickly, but Brandon snatched me up by my hair, and slung me to the ground.

"Well that's that" He grabbed hold of my pants leg, and yanked it down.

-