Chapter 19 ( The Big Day)

"Wait! You are doing it wrong! It is supposed to be like this!" Hania showed Aiman how to fly a kite.

"Here you go... Woohooo its going so high!" Ali shouted from back.

A beautiful windy day it was, perfect for kite flying!

"Yoooohoo!! Now let me try!" Aiman shouted with excitement.

"Here it goes high up in the sky, along the wind aaaaand..... Shitttttt Mayyynnn!"
Aiman got angry.

"Oh no!! We lost it!!" Rania cried.

"Shit!! How did it just___"

"Over there! Umar bhayi cut our kite's thread!!" Hania interrupted Aiman.

Far away, Umar stood, laughing out loud on his victory.

"This one was for you Looser, you can't even fly a kite properly! How will you even do surgeries when you become a doctor?" He addressed to Aiman.

"For sure I will become a doctor, but first of all I will do your brain's surgery which is actually full of cracks!" Aiman gritted her teeth and ran after him through the whole roof, here and there, and finally snatched his kite and tore it!

"I hate you I hate you I hate you!! " Aiman shouted!

"But I don't" Umar smirked!

"For the very first time I was flying a kite, so perfectly, and you took that perfect moment from me! Enemies would be even more better than you!" Aiman tried to control her temper.

"Little baby is crying" Umar laughed.

"Why do you do this? Why only me? What have I ever done to you?" Aiman finally came back to her senses.

"Nothing! Just wanted to make these last days of yours in Pakistan, the most memorable one!" Umar's tone changed.

"Who knows after going back to London, you will again forget your homeland, and then all that hatred will suddenly rise again in your silly heart, and BOOM!!! We will never meet again! Never!" Umar smiled.

"Never?" Aiman asked.

"Never!" He replied.

"Guys! You are busy in flying these kites? C'mon downstairs and help us in arrangements, have you all forgot everything about the wedding?" Aiman's Mama shouted from the door.

"Here we come Mami! Im sorry Aiman, for annoying you for these two months, but all of this was just for fun! No hatred! I hope you have no grudges about us anymore?" Umar smiled and went downstairs.

"He looks so funny when he becomes serious! But he was wrong! How can I forget him and my homeland after going to London? After all these two months were really great! But I have to go back to London too! Can't stay here!" Aiman got excited but suddenly paused and became sad.
She shooked her head and whispered to herself,
"Only two days, then no more Pakistan! Thats all you wanted when you came here Aiman! Thats all what you wanted!" Aiman smiled weakly!

All of the ladies were gathered in a room where henna was applied on their hands.
Aiman was really astonished to see how beautifully her phuppo was applying mehendi on her hands.
Women were busy in doing facial, some went to the parlour with the bride, some stayed at home and looked after arrangements. Beautiful dresses were getting ironed quickly. The dresses included beautiful shararay, gharary, gowns, sherwanis and suit pants. Jewellery was arranged properly.

Aiman kept on roamimg around the house, looking at everyone blankly. She noticed how the people of Pakistan beautifully display their culture in the form of weddings. All of these rituals and customs seemed really fascinating to her.

Finally after getting ready, everyone gathered outside where the people of band were standing playing trumpet and the drums.
Aiman looked everything from the balcony. Everyone was dancing downstairs, along the music. The bride looked extra ordinary charming in a red spectacular dress, her makeup was totally spectacular! She sat in the car which left for the marriage lawn.

When everyone reached in the lawn, all of them were inspired to see the decorations. The theme was light pink which looked really pretty.

After sometime, the groom also arrived , but his entry was even more remarkable. Fireworks and firing, welcomed him in the lawn. Many children and ladies sprinkled rose petals on the groom and his relatives (called Baarati)! Everything seemed so dreamy and magical to Aiman that she was totally lost!

Lights went off. And a melodious song made the air romantic. Disco lights were switched on and the bride walked through the aisle along with her groom.

The groom and the bride had some beautiful photography sessions with the photographer!

"Woww! It looks like a fairytale to me! So dreamy!!" Aiman was really shocked and her eyes were glued on the bride.

"Same here!" Umar replied while his eyes were glued on Aiman!

"What ?" Aiman jerked.

"Nothing, my sister looks so beautiful! Uhh! For the very first time!" Umar laughed out while praising the bride!

"Hahahaha!! She is beautiful, from inside too! Won't you miss her when she will go?" Aiman admired her cousin.

"Hmmm.. Names of the people who are to be missed are constantly increasing on my list!" Umar replied sadly.

"Palwasha baji, your father, your little brother, your little sister andddd" Umar stopped.

"Where are the fireworks? C'mon lets lit them!" He wemt away.

The horizon was filled with colourful fireworks, so beautiful and so flamboyant!!

Finally the dinner was served.
Purely Pakistani dishes!
Biryani, Qorma, Broast, Fish, white karahi, Gulab Jamuns and kheer and ofcourse, how can lassi be forgotten??

Everyone enjoyed the dinner and the wedding to the full.

It was the time of rukhsati when the bride has to leave for her husband's home!

Everyone became sad, Aiman's phuppo and her husband started crying and hugged their daughter and gave her lots of prayers. Palwasha hugged her cousins, her brother Umar, her Mamoo and Mami and in the end she came towards Aiman and smiled at her!
"You are an intelligent girl, your company was amazing Aiman, I always wanted a sister, but look God sent you here! All I want from you is that don't forget your elder sister when you go back to London, never forget the memories we shared. I'll be always there for you!" Palwasha concluded, wiped her tears and hugged Aiman tightly leaving her cry too.
Finally she sat in the car and sped off towards her new house.

Aiman was really happy to see so much affection in a heart of someone, whom she had forgotten for 11 years.

It was 2:00a.m by then. Everyone left for the house.

Aiman quickly jumped in her bed and recalled the words of Palwasha.

"You are the reason because of which I got a chance to visit my homeland after 11 years!! How can I ever forget you Palwasha baji? Huuhhh! Finally we will leave for London tomorrow's night. Home sweet home after 2 months! Only 2 days to go! "
Aiman closed her eyes, but unintentionally some tears rushed out from the corner of her eyes, leaving her speechless but even more confused!!

"Will miss you Pakistan!" Were her final words!