Chapter 12 - Regrets and Love

I sat in the teal armchair next to the bed covered in crisp white sheets. Just me and the silence that filled the room. Brad was sat outside in the corridor with James and Connor. I know James was in everyone's bad books, but I was happy he came because it showed me that Tris still means a lot to him. Oh yeah, Tris. The thought I've been trying to put to the back of my head since every time I thought of what the doctor had told me I just start crying again. I blame myself entirely for what happened. Maybe if I hadn't been so stupid as to sleep with James then maybe Tris wouldn't have got run over. I understand that the whole situation was and accident and the man in the car didn't see Tristan because it was so dark at 4am, but them again, what was. Tris doing out at that time? I had so many questions that needed to be answered but I knew that I'd just have to be patient.

I held Tristan's hand in mine as I felt all the guilt just wash over me. Tristan broke up with me because I was an idiot, why would he want to forgive me? There was a knock at the door and my head quickly snapped towards it. Brad popped his head through the door with a sad look still present on his face. "Hey, Em." He said quietly, almost a whisper. "We're going to go home now, we don't know how long it's going to be before he wakes up. Are you coming?"

I looked back to Tristan and shook my head. "I'm not leaving him until I now he's alright."

"You need some rest though, please?" He pleaded.

"No Brad! I want to be with him." I told him a little louder than before. He sighed and nodded before closing the door to go home with James and Con. I wasn't going to leave him, the boys came and went over the past few weeks but I wasn't going anywhere. It had been almost 3 weeks since Tristan got run over, he's been in a coma ever since. I promised myself I wasn't going to leave his side until he was awake. I rested my head on the side of the bed, still holding his hand tightly.

"Tris, I know you can't hear me, but you know what happens in all those movies and stuff, where someone's in a coma and they can hear everything that's being said to them.. Yeah, I hope you don't hear any of this because it would be pretty embarrassing.. Anyway, I love you. And I don't know if you knew this but I have for the past, what, 4 years that I've know you? Ever since the day I met you, I knew you were the one. I just didn't have the guts to tell you, and I'm so sorry for everything and I just wish you were here now so I could just know you were safe because I miss you, Tris. And I really do lo-" I was cut off by the doctor barging through the door to check up on Tristan. I went back to resting me head again.

"Oh..." Was all he said. Once again, my head flew in the direction of the doctor.

"What? What's happened?" I panicked.

"It seems Mr. Evans is awake!"

"What?" I switched my view to Tristan, just laying there smirking at me. "Tris-"

"I love you too." He cut me off.

"I'll give you some space." The doctor told us and quickly exited the room.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Long enough!" He chuckled.

"Oh god.." I ducked my head trying to hide my embarrassment and I was almost certain I was blushing.

"What's wrong?" He lifted my chin to look at him. Little did I know I was crying.

"Nothing, I just.." I wiped some of the tears away, "I'm so happy you're ok!" I hugged him tightly. As we pulled out of the hug our eyes locked. I couldn't stop staring into his beautiful blue eyes. The eyes I had missed so much over the past few weeks. I then realised we were both leaning in closer together. I felt his lips brush against mine and a second later our lips attached, the feeling I'd missed out on for so long. The kiss lasted quite a while as our lips moved perfectly in sync. We were both smiling into the kiss, both knowing how much we missed each other's touch. As we pulled away we stared into each other's eyes. "I'm sorry, Tris." I broke the silence.

"For what?" He asked.

"You know." I slumped back into the armchair.

"Yeah, I do." He mumbled, "But I forgive you, because I love you, Emily."

"I love you too, more than you'll ever know." I smiled, trying to hold back the tears of happiness. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and Tris wiped it away with his thumb causing me to smile.

The doctor came in again and smiled. "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" He asked.

"Erm, good first." Tris said.

"Good news is that Tristan can be let out at anytime after 24 hours after being awake, so any time after 9 am tomorrow should be fine!" The doctor told us. I looked to Tris and he had a big smile on his face.

"What about the bad?" I asked.

"Well, we've got 3 boys out here who keep asking to come in." He chuckled. He then opened the door and called them in.

"TRIS!" I heard Connor shout. They all came tumbling into the room, all very excited about Tristan being awake. Brad ran over to Tris and gave him a massive hug and mumbled, "We've missed you, man!" Into his shoulder.

"Tradley moment!" Con exclaimed.

"Happy to have you back, man." I heard James's voice from the other side of the room. Everyone suddenly turned their heads to James as Brad pulled out of the hug he was having with Tris.

"Thanks." Tris smiled at him, "I forgive you, y'know. I can't stay mad at you forever."
James walked over to Tris and hugged him. I was happy that everything I wished for had come true. Everything was back to how it was. James and Tris were friends, Tris and I are back together, I think... And everyone's happy again. James pulled out the hug and looked to me.

"Thanks for coming." I told him and stood up and hugged him too.

"I still love you." He whispered in my ear. I pulled out the hug and looked at him and then back to Tristan and I smiled and sat back down next to him.

I thought everything was back to normal, everything is, except James loves me. But I love Tristan, don't I?

***

A/N

NEW CHAPTER! I didn't want to keep this story depressing, so I made it happy! Kind of.. Sorry if there's any mistakes, I wanted to get this chapter out and I didn't have time to read it through! But...

Tristan and Emily are back together! (YAY!)

But James loves Emily too! But who does Emily love? Well! Who knows?

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this, and thank you all for 2000 reads! It means so much😄 ALMOST AT 3000 WTF?!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!xxxxxxxxxxxx<3<3<3 :*:*:*