f i f t e e n

iris |/ pov

what the hell?

i didn't really understand what happened between josh and i, or why it happened.

i don't know why i didn't stop him. or stop me.

we had been flying for about half an hour now, which had been half an hour of just thinking. 

i was sitting next to tyler, for fear that if i was near josh for any longer i would've said or done something that i would later regret.

i had the window seat and all i had done was stare at the ground growing smaller, and watching the uk float away.

"tyler, can i talk to you properly for a second?" i said softly, still looking at the window.

i wasn't worried that josh would hear me as he was 3 or 4 rows in front.

"yeah what's up?" i could hear him shuffling around, pulling out his earphones and turning to face me.

"i'm confused about things with josh" my eyes pulled away from the thick glass to look at tyler.

"what do you mean?"

"i like him, a lot. but he's already hurt me once and i haven't even known him for that long. i told him everything and i trusted him. and now after what happened in the bathroom back at the airport. i'm so confused" my stomach tied itself in knots as i remembered the day he told me he already had a girlfriend.

"he is a good guy, moon. i promise you that. he's dumb though, but everyone is at some point. we're all human, and we're all going to make mistakes, it's a part of living," tyler placed a hand on my shoulder, "you'll figure it out"

"i hope so" i mumbled.

"i'm so excited for you to meet jenna, i think you two will get along" i loved the way tyler's eyes lit up when he spoke about jenna, and the way a slight smile graced his lips.

"i'm sure she's lovely" i nodded, although a flood of nervousness entered my stomach.

for the next hour tyler was just rambling about jenna, and things that they've done together. i didn't really mind, he seemed happy, and when people around me are happy i feel at peace.

whilst i was nodding along to a story of tyler and jenna were on a hike, i felt something hit my forehead. i look down at my lap to see a small piece of scrunched up paper. 

"open it" his voice called from the rows in front.

the voice cut tyler off and he looked at josh with curiosity, then turned to me. i picked the piece of paper up, and turned to tyler.

"are you gonna open it?" i could see that tyler wanted to know what was inside, but he also didn't want to invade any boundaries.

"i think so" i spoke, my voice slightly breathy.

i pulled the edges out of the centre of the ball, and smoothed it out against my leg.

okay, if i'm confused then you probably are even more so. i have some stuff that i want to tell you, and i honestly just want to hear you voice. please can we talk when we get to the hotel?

please tick yes or no

s.j

once my eyes flicked over the text, and i was sure that tyler's had as well, i looked up at him.

"okay a few things, firstly, what do you think? secondly, are we in year 2? and thirdly, s.j?" 

"okay, firstly, it's up to you but i think yolo applies here. secondly, most of the time with josh. and thirdly, spooky jim"

spooky jim, right. that's what he told me to call him when we first met. 

"i think i am going to talk to him, it's only fair" i practically told myself, knowing full well that if i wasn't demanding i wouldn't go.

"i think that's a good plan. do you know what you're going to say to him?" tyler asked.

"no, it depends on what he says to me first" a yawn escaped my mouth at the end of my sentence.

"get some sleep moon, you look tired. you can lean on me if you want" tyler smiled.

i nodded, laying my head to rest on his shoulders and slept for the remainder of the flight.

***

i hated airports too.

they're just busy constantly. i was so afraid of losing the group and getting stranded, so i pretty much held onto the back of tyler's hoodie like a three year old.

(an i dont have a clue how airports rly work so bare with me)

he dragged me along to the little conveyor belt thing where they roll your bags in.

i finally let go of tyler's hoodie , when i saw my suitcase slide along.

just as i turned to tyler to ask what colour his bag was, he took off running down the hall. i tried to see why he was running, but there wasn't like a bee or anything.

he collided into a really pretty blonde lady, and hugged her like he hadn't seen her in 10 years. they were both smiling so big, and i assumed that that was jenna.

they both started crying happy tears, when i started crying sad ones.

i want that.

_____
AN

i suck at dialogue.

lmao pls follow my friend @ hypophreniatrj on twitter she shouted this story out and is an eternal lad

ty for reading another poorly written chapter by me :)

PLS COMMENT I MISS READING THEM PLS OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS WHY DO YOU HATE ME ???

stay street n drink some water and all that good stuff