e i g h t e e n

iris |/ pov

i shuffled around in my seat. i had been sat between two big stage hand guys that i didn't know on the left hand side of the booth. josh, tyler and jenna were on the other side, all looking very happy and comfortable.

i sighed, feeling a hot flush coming on. i grabbed for my glass and went to take a sip before realising that it was empty. i looked up in annoyance, all i need right now is a cold drink with ice. shuffling around again, i caught the familiar brown eyed gaze i knew all too well. josh slowly pushed his half full drink in my direction. i smiled gently before taking a sip, and pushing it back. he just shook his head a mouthed a 'keep it' to me. 

i fell back against the wall of the booth, josh's drink in my hand.

"i'm going to the bathroom, moon you coming?" jenna's voice filled the table. i just nodded, grateful to have an excuse to leave the table. i put the drink back down before wiggling my way out of the two men.

"thank god for you jenna" i sighed, stretching my legs a little bit.

jenna just laughed, pulling me in the direction of the bathroom. "i only got you out of there to talk about josh and his drink" she nudged my side.

i could feel the blush rising along my cheeks. it was a pretty cute thing for him to do.

"is anything going on between you two? i mean like, happening again?" jenna smiled at me over her shoulder as she pushed the bathroom door open.

"no, definitely not," i replied walking over to the sink and splashing my face with water, "he was just being nice i guess" i shrugged, patting my face with my sleeve.

i turned around to face her whilst leaning back onto the counter.

"hm, i guess. it was still sweet" she smiled again. i was jealous of jenna, she was so naturally beautiful, she was always glowing.

i smiled as a response to her comment, sort of unsure as what to say to her in response.

"oh tyler just text me, they're going to meet us outside" she spoke as she read the text off of her phone screen.

"thank god, i couldn't go back to sitting there again" i pushed myself off the counter in the direction of the door.

i was so tired and drained from everything i just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep. jenna followed me, still on her phone, as we weaved in and out of the tables to the front door. i could see the guys outside all talking and laughing with each other.

"alright who payed?" i asked the boys outside.

they looked around until they saw me and jenna. then tyler pointed in josh's direction.

"how much do i owe you?" i questioned him, already reaching for my money.

"nothing, it's on me" he smiled down at me. i missed that smile.

"please, i want to give you the money back" at this point i was sneaking a $10 note into his pocket. tyler had noticed, i could hear him laughing behind me.

"iris, no, please it's my treat" how could he be so oblivious?

before i could answer, he was looking down at his jacket pocket, and my hand which was still tucking the money into the pocket. as he went to pull away, i took of running down the street, looking over my shoulder and seeing him chasing me.

i laughed, turning back around to concentrate on where i was going. i could hear josh's footsteps gaining on me, but i just kept running.

i felt his arms around my waist, before he pulled me back and over his shoulder. he stopped running and bounced me higher up onto my shoulder. i could feel his hands slip the money into my jeans back pocket, causing me to blush at the contact.

"put me down you ogre!" i yelled, punching on his back. his muscular back.

before i knew it i was standing up, with josh staring at me with fake sadness.

"an ogre?" he whimpered.

"yes, an ogre. shrek is love, shrek is life and all that" i rolled my eyes still laughing. josh just giggled, his tongue slightly poking out between his teeth.

"c'mon lovebirds, lets go back to the hotel" tyler called whilst walking past, patting josh on the shoulder.

thanks tyler.

_____
AN

i'm sorry this is such a filler but i thought i'd throw a bit of fluff in there

so here's another out of the blue update, i promise i'm trying to be more consistent. but the more i think about this story the cringier it is, idk

anyway i love you all, and this story is almost at 50k reads which is insane.

anddddddd i'm also planning a story about joshler and the purge and it'll be rly creepy n cool so if you want something like that lemme know, it's happening anyway but yano

so as usual, stay street my lovelies