s e v e n t e e n

okay since it's been a while i'll give you all a quick recap. iris met jenna, jenna asked if they wanted to share a hotel room together, iris said no so that she could be with tyler, and joshua asked if they could room together, to which iris agreed.

iris |/ pov

i placed my bags onto the bed nearest the window, looking out through the screen door as i did so. the view was incredible. there was a park with a large pond and trees surrounding it. i could see families having picnics and taking their kids to the park.

joshua entered the room, taking the only other spare bed. i didn't turn around to look at him or greet him. i still didn't know how to approach our situation.

"you know iris, we're gonna have to talk at some point", i turned around to see him standing tall, his arms crossed over his chest and small smirk dancing along his lips.

i looked him in the eyes, but quickly looked down at the floor when his gaze became too intense.

josh took a couple of steps until he was standing about half a metre away from me, "please look at me" he spoke. his voice was quieter this time, more gentle.

i sat down on the foot of my bed, pulling my legs up so that i had them crossed. josh then took that as an invite and sat down next to me in the remaining space available.

"josh, you were with someone else" i still wasn't looking him in the eyes, but anyone could tell i was hurt. my throat was hurting because i was holding in my tears.

"i know, and i'm sorry, iris i truly am" josh apologised.

"i don't wanna be seen as a bad person josh, i really don't" my voice catching repeatedly.

josh quickly got of the bed, and sat on his knees on the floor in front of me. he put his hands on my knees and looked at me in the eyes.

"iris listen to me. you're not a bad person. not in this story, not in any story. i'm the bad person. i caused the pain, but i'm trying to fix it. i called the girl i was seeing and told her the truth. we broke up but it's okay. she gave us her blessing, kind of. please iris, let me fix this" my vision was cloudy. no one had ever done anything for me, let alone break up an existing relationship.

"josh, are you sure?" i whispered. he nodded, sitting back on the bed and hugging me.

"i don't expect things to go back to the way they were before, but i want you to know that i still care about you" he spoke into my hair. 

i gripped onto the back of his t-shirt, holding him close to me. we both fell back onto the bed, still hugging each other, and we lay there for God knows how long.

-----

i woke up to the sound of a phone vibrating. i pulled my head away from where it was lying to see josh also sleeping next to me.

his phone was vibrating on his chest so i picked it up so see 15 missed calls from tyler. i slid the notification over and pressed call back. tyler picked up on the 2nd ring.

"josh finally, i was worried about you!" he exclaimed on the other side.

"tyler hi it's moon" i replied, my voice still groggy from our nap.

"wait where's josh- never mind, we're going out for dinner in 10 minutes if you want to come then meet us in the lobby then" josh looked up next to me, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the light of the room.

"um yeah okay, i'll be there" i nodded, pretending that i didn't see josh waking up.

"okay can you tell josh for me?" tyler asked.

"yeah sure" i hung up the phone, and then looked at josh.

"we're going out for dinner in 10 minutes so" i retold him what tyler just told me.

josh nodded, whilst sitting up and stretching. he stopped and looked at me, "is that my phone?" he asked while pointing to the phone i was holding.

holy morning voice.

"oh um yeah, tyler was calling you so i answered, i thought it would be okay" i smiled at him, to which he smiled back at me. he was attractive.

"no no that's fine i was just curious" josh smiled, whilst taking his phone back. "so dinner in 10?" he double checked. i just nodded in response. josh got up and jogged round to his suitcase, "i'm gonna change real quick" he spoke before disappearing into the bathroom.

i sat on the bed, staring at the wall. what was going to happen between josh and i now?

_____
AN

okay hi guys! bit of a surprise update i know, but i found some spare time and so i'm here :))

this is a bit of a filler but i will most likely update again this week

can you believe this story is almost at 40k views. that's a lot of eyes reading my story and i'm so thankful.

everyone of you is amazing, and as always,

stay street xx