#38

Hoseok tried his best to get Hyungwon's mind away from that Dasom thing and talked about other things to distract the guy. He felt regretful that he had been such close friends with Jiyoung and never knew about this until now. If he had mentioned Hyungwon's name even once this wouldn't have escalated this way.

"Hoseok, what are you going to do now?" Hyungwon worried regardless of Hoseok prattling about this and that to make him not think about the situation.

Hoseok sighed and looked somewhere far. "You don't have to see her again," he said even though he wouldn't have wanted to completely abandon Jiyoung.

Hoseok usually liked to believe that people could change. Even though Jiyoung had done some shitty things few years ago, he believed that she wasn't like that anymore. Of course Hyungwon was number one priority for him so if he wanted Hoseok to stay away from her, he would.

"Don't lose a friend for me," Hyungwon said suddenly as if he had been reading Hoseok's thoughts. "If you want to give her a change, you can. I want to try that too. Right now I was just too startled to see her."

Hoseok gave Hyungwon a smile and put his arm around Hyungwon's shoulders. He kissed his temple and then pulled the guy closer. Hyungwon rested his head on Hoseok's shoulders.

"Let's not talk about her on a night like this. I can figure this out later," Hoseok whispered. He didn't want Hyungwon to feel uncomfortable thinking about Dasom.

"Look!" Hyungwon pointed at two little girls running around with sparklers. They were giggling and drawing in the air with the sparkling tips.

"How cute," Hoseok smiled and followed the playing kids for a while. "Look up to the sky," he then said to Hyungwon when he saw fireworks going up. Hyungwon turned his head up just in time to see the fireworks exploding in the sky one after another, loud bangs coming a bit late compared to the explosions.

They looked at the fireworks for a while, Hyungwon still leaning against Hoseok. At one point Hoseok took out his phone and noticed that there were only a few minutes left until the year would change. He turned Hyungwon around so that they were facing each other and put his arms under Hyungwon's jacket behind his back.

"Hyungwon," he started and looked at his boyfriend in the eyes for a while, figuring out what he would say. "I am so grateful you let me in your life and opened up to me. The past months I have known you have been amazing, even with all our ups and downs. I don't know where I would be right now if you weren't my boyfriend. I hope we can have many more years together and..."

Hyungwon blushed at Hoseok's cheesy words but couldn't help but smile. He was keeping the eye contact he had with Hoseok.

"I... I love you," Hoseok finished with a bit of a stutter but managed to say those three words.

Hyungwon had to look down and his smile grew even wider. Hoseok didn't say his love a lot compared to Hyungwon who mentioned it daily. "I love you more," Hyungwon looked back up to meet Hoseok's eyes again.

Hoseok looked around when he heard some people wishing happy new year to each other. He realized that it was already past midnight. "Happy new year," he said to Hyungwon and leaned closer to kiss him softly.

Hyungwon pulled Hoseok closer and kissed him back, trying to make the kiss much more heated. Hoseok was usually gentle and Hyungwon liked it but he knew Hoseok could be rough and passionate too and sometimes Hyungwon wanted that for a change.

"We can continue when we get home," Hoseok stopped him after noticing which way things were about to escalate.

"Okay," Hyungwon pouted. He turned back to the direction where the fireworks, which now were even more than before, were coming from. "Oh, where is she hurrying," he suddenly let out when he noticed the familiar girl running to the other direction.

Hoseok looked to see Jiyoung with tears and empty gaze filling her face. She brushed past the crowd fast, not paying attention to any of the people she bumped in.

Hoseok just shrugged and turned back to Hyungwon. "I told you not to think about her tonight," he said and put his arms behind Hyungwon's back again with a smile on his lips.

"I just feel like something is wrong," Hyungwon muttered and finally stopped staring at the direction Dasom had went to.

"What do you mean?" Hoseok was completely clueless at first but then realization hit him and his face went blank. "Wait here. Hyungwon, please. Don't go anywhere and just wait for me," his tone quickly turned to something completely different and Hyungwon got confused when he suddenly started running after Dasom. He didn't move a bit though and just waited like Hoseok had told him.

Hyungwon looked back to the sky. The fireworks were still going and even bigger and cooler ones kept coming. He tried to focus on them and think about how beautiful they were but his eyes kept wandering to the direction both Dasom and Hoseok had left to.

He heard some random screams and he got anxious but tried to convince himself that they were just some kids playing. He always got really nervous whenever Hoseok left him alone but now it was even worse. Maybe it was because there were people everywhere and it was dark.

There was more screams and Hyungwon noticed the crowd noticing it too and getting curious. Hyungwon still didn't move even though he wanted to know what had happened. Hoseok had told him to wait so they wouldn't get lost from each other.

Something forced his feet to move and he started walking towards where something was clearly happening. He didn't get far when someone grabbed him from his arm. It was Dasom.

"Let's go to the other way," she said, trying to hide the panic in his voice but Hyungwon noticed it anyways. She still had tears on her face. "Hyungwon, let's go."

First Hyungwon moved along to where she was trying to pull her but then he experienced the same feeling Hoseok had had earlier before he ran after Dasom. Something was wrong. He yanked his arm away from the girl and continued her way, now faster than before.

"Hyungwon! Don't go, please," Dasom tried to catch him but Hyungwon ran and she couldn't stop him even if she had caught him.

By the time Hyungwon made it through all the people to the main street where the traffic seemed to have stopped or at least slowed down, his heart was beating fast and he could hear it in his ears.

He noticed a van that had made a quick stop and someone laying on the ground a meter or two away from it. Two people were knelt down there and everybody was looking at the situation with shocked looks on their faces.

'Somebody had an accident,' Hyungwon thought as he took few cautious steps to get closer. 'A really bad accident,' he continued talking to himself inside his mind.

"There is nothing to see here. It's just some random person," Dasom, who was behind Hyungwon now, tried to get the guy to stop approaching the body in the ground.

"Hoseok," Hyungwon let out and made his way next to the boy in the ground. He dropped to his knees and his jeans got wet from the pool of blood but he didn't pay attention to it at that point. "Hoseok, what happened?" he asked in a shaky but normal tone as if it was just an everyday conversation with his boyfriend.

He held Hoseok's hand tightly but Hoseok didn't squeeze it back. He was not even opening his eyes and Hyungwon kept calling his name, first normally but then his words turned into sobbed ones and he started crying.

Hyungwon moved his other hand on top of Hoseok's chest and got blood on Hoseok's grey sweater. He buried his face next to his hand and cried. That was all he could do. He couldn't scream, he couldn't beg for Hoseok to wake up and open his eyes, he couldn't even think. His subconscious knew the truth about what was going on but was keeping it from him.

At some point he was pulled away from Hoseok by Dasom. She held him tightly and even though Hyungwon normally would have never want to let her touch him like that, he cried onto her shoulder. She told him that everything was going to be okay but he didn't listen.

Hyungwon got in the ambulance with Hoseok. He just sat there crying and staring at his hands, stained with blood that was stopping him from wiping his tears away with them.