#37

After the holidays were over, Hoseok took Hyungwon with him and they took a bus to a furniture store. They bought a furry rug alongside with matching curtains. Hyungwon found a nice TV table that Hoseok agreed to buy because it was on sale. They took the home delivery because it wouldn't have been possible to carry all that stuff in a bus.

Hoseok surprised Hyungwon with his building skills and the table was done in forty-five minutes. Hoseok said he had gotten experience when elder people hired him to build their furniture and do other chores.

Hyungwon went back to school and Hoseok continued working while he was gone, trying to focus his work on the time Hyungwon wouldn't be home so that they would have more time together.

"How was your day today?" he asked when he came home one day and Hyungwon was already laying on the bed and eating pizza, watching something from the television. "Where did you get pizza?"

"I bought it on my way home?" Hyungwon said and took another bite of the pizza in his hands.

Hoseok took one of the slices that were left in the box and sat next to Hyungwon. "You watched the new episode without me?" he complained when he noticed that Hyungwon had started to watch the newest episode of Goblin without him.

"I couldn't wait for you to come. We can start from the beginning if you want. It has only been twenty minutes."

"It's fine. So how was school?" Hoseok asked again after not getting any answer on the first try.

"Something really weird happened," Hyungwon said, his eyes glued to the screen so he wouldn't miss anything. Hoseok instead wasn't really focused on the episode since he had missed almost half of it already.

"What happened?"

"So I was sitting in class during the lunch break, writing notes and doing homework-," Hyungwon started to tell about his day but Hoseok cut him off.

"Why didn't go to lunch? I told you not to skip meals in school."

"I was about to have a snack once I finished. Anyways, after a while, Jooheon came in. I didn't even look at him but I wondered why was he there at that time and alone. Then he came to me, put a bread and yogurt on my table and walked out," Hyungwon finished and turned to look at Hoseok to see his reaction.

"What? Really?" Hoseok raised his brows in confusion.

"There was also a note from Kihyun on the bread saying 'You can also sit with us if you don't want to eat alone'."

"That's great. Maybe they are finally starting to feel regretful about how they have treated you," Hoseok sounded cheerful.

"I hope so... It was really weird but I was grateful for him," Hyungwon said and reached out to the pizza box to take the last slice from there.

--

It became New Year's eve and Hyungwon and Hoseok decided to go out instead of staying home in bed. Hyungwon wanted to see fireworks and said that he had never seen them properly, only some really far ones from his own window.

Hoseok agreed on going. He knew a really good place where there were really pretty fireworks every year. After doing their favorite thing - cuddling up in bed watching some movie from tv - for the whole day until it was already over ten at night, they decided to leave so they wouldn't miss the fireworks. They were just about to leave with Hyungwon when Hoseok's phone rang.

"Wait a second," he told Hyungwon, who was just about to open the door, and took out his phone to answer it. "Hi, Jiyoung," he said after bringing the phone close to his ear.