#20

Hoseok managed to pay the rent in time so he got the apartment. He already arranged some of his stuff and took the quilt from the bottom of one of the boxes when he went to sleep. It felt unfamiliar in a new house but he was tired enough to catch some sleep quickly.

The next day he had a morning shift at the library so he headed there as soon as he woke up. After settling down in the new apartment, he felt like he was getting his life in order again.

He was pushing the cart towards the section for kids books when he met a familiar face he hadn't been expecting to see.

A smile came to Hoseok's face after he had registered the person. "Hi", he said and stopped.

"Hi Hoseok", she raised her hand and waved at him. "I was hoping to see you here."

"What are you looking for?" Hoseok asked because she was a customer after all so he should help her.

"Can you recommend me some really good book you think I need to read?" Jiyoung asked. "It doesn't have to be sci-fi, I want to try new things."

"I got a perfect one for you", Hoseok said and started to lead Jiyong to the right section where the book he was looking for would be. He ran his fingers along the shelf and stopped when he came to a letter H.

"I'm so excited", she said when Hoseok took a book and gave it to her. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

"That is my favorite book. Please read it with care."

"I will", she pressed the book against her chest. "By the way, do you happen to be free tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? Sure", Hoseok shrugged, not even thinking if he was free or not. If he happened to be busy, he could arrange things and make time for Jiyoung. "I'll text you later."

"Thank you", Jiyoung smiled. "Bye", she waved and started walking away.

Hoseok looked looked after her for a moment and then walked back to his cart, continuing what he had been doing previously. He went to the right section and started putting the books up to the shelves.

He didn't really pay attention to what he was doing and just arranged the books with no thought in his mind. At one point he suddenly stopped and looked at the book that was in his hand.

Comet in Moominland, said the cover where there were two white hippos, similar to the stuffed toy Hyungwon had.

"Moomin..." Hoseok muttered and suddenly Hyungwon came to his thoughts. "Shit", he quickly turned his head towards the clock on the wall and realized that Hyungwon would get off from school in minutes.

He spent a good ten seconds wondering if it was worth it to skip the rest of his shift and go see Hyungwon. Little did he know that Hyungwon would be mad at him for not picking him up the day before and moving out without even saying anything. Hyungwon was a sensitive guy and he would probably think that Hoseok was gone because of something he had done.

He let the book drop from his hands back to the cart and ran out of the library.

"Where are you going?" his employer, an old lady behind the counter asked.

"Family emergency", Hoseok explained before busting out of the door. Hyungwon's school wasn't far from the library but Hoseok still ran as fast as he could.

He arrived there in less than a minute and stood in front of the school gates, trying to catch his breath and impatiently waiting for Hyungwon to come.

There was still quite quiet, only a few youngsters were coming out from school. Hoseok walked around restlessly, worrying about Hyungwon who had most likely had hard time in school.

Then he saw Hyungwon in the crowd, walking fast with his head hanging low. All the other people moved in groups but he was alone. It hurt Hoseok's heart to see that scene.

"Hyungwon!" he called out to get the attention of Hyungwon who hadn't noticed him.

Hyungwon raised his head up fast as if he had gotten scared. Then his eyes stopped at Hoseok and a smile came to his face. "Hoseok", he whispered, mostly to himself since no one could heard him.

Hoseok hadn't expected Hyungwon to react in the way he did. He had been preparing to run after Hyungwon or to be completely ignored by him. Instead of anything like that, Hyungwon took a few running steps, opened his arms and hugged Hoseok tightly.

After regaining the consciousness he lost from the surprise, Hoseok put his other arm around Hyungwon and other to his hair to pull him closer. Hyungwon had both of his arms around Hoseok's waist.

Minhyuk, who knew Hyungwon flinched from even a small touch - he had experienced it few times while being in a relationship with him - was amazed to see how deeply Hyungwon let Hoseok embrace him.

"Where were you?" Hyungwon sobbed into Hoseok's shoulder. He didn't even care that he and Hoseok were now the center of attention. "I thought you disappeared again."

"I'm sorry", Hoseok whispered, running his hand in Hyungwon's hair to soothe him down. He looked up to see Kihyun and Minhyuk giving them one last bad look before walking away. "I was busy."

"I missed you", Hyungwon muttered, almost like he felt embarrassed to admit that.

Hoseok wanted to say that he missed Hyungwon more but he knew Hyungwon saw through his lies. Of course Hoseok would have missed him like hell if he only had thought about him.

"Why are you here?" Hyungwon asked after pulling away.

"I promised to pick you up and even though this may be a day late but I still always keep my promises", Hoseok said.

"Eh..." Hyungwon looked down and messed up his hair. Hoseok thought it looked cute.

"Want to see my new apartment?"

"You have a new apartment already?" Hyungwon gasped in surprise.

"I couldn't stay in your house for any longer. Your parents were already looking at me pretty badly", Hoseok joked.

They walked to Hoseok's house that was a short walk away. In the downtown everything was close except Hyungwon who lived a ten minute bus drive away.

"You know this place seems much nicer than your previous one", Hyungwon said when they were in the stairwell that had a better lightning and didn't look as much of a crack house as the place Hoseok had lived in before.

"It's more expensive that's why", Hoseok said when he opened the door and let them in to his apartment. There was not much there so it didn't look all that cozy but that wasn't important.

Hyungwon sat on the bed because there was no other place to sit in. He looked around. One of the boxes was still on the floor full of stuff.

"Do you like it?"

"It needs some decoration but otherwise it's nice", Hyungwon said and turned to look at Hoseok who came to sit next to him.

"Do you want to come over?" Hoseok asked and an excited look came to Hyungwon's eyes.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Tonight?" Hyungwon hadn't slept in someone else's place for what felt like years and he really wanted to, especially now when he had a friend he trusted well.

"Not tonight", Hoseok laughed. "This Friday. Come here after school."

--

this is not working out well....

BUT i promise action soon