{m} Your Dad's a What?! MH story

Prompt- "sometimes it's good to be scared because it means you still have something to lose."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Mark, hey. Can we meet at the Colorado Street Bridge in 20?" I mumble into the phone nervously.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Nothing. Just meet me there please." I say and hang up, placing my head on the steering wheel.

••••••••••
'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe...'

A tap on my shoulder and a tug on my headphones let me know Mark was there.

"Hey. Why did you want to meet here? It's freezing out." Mark exclaimed, pulling his jacket tighter around himself.

"Well. Have you ever wanted to tell someone something but you know they'll be in danger if they hear it?" I looked at the ground.

"Cassie. What do you mean?" Mark sat down beside me and put an arm around my shoulders.

"What if I had a secret I had kept from you this whole time? Would you be mad?" I started shaking, thinking of telling him.

"Cass... You're scaring me. Tell me what's on your mind." Mark tilted my face towards his.

" 'Sometimes it's good to be scared because it means you still have something to lose.' That's what my dad always taught me growing up. But you have to be tough to do what he does." I turn my eyes to look at him.

"Mark. I don't want to lose you.... and I know when I tell you this, Ill end up facing my biggest fear." Tears started forming in my eyes.

"Cassandra.. there's nothing you could say that would sway my image of you. Darling, I'm in love with you, and if that's not enough for you to tell me, then I don't know what is." He said while wiping some stray tears from my face.

"Well.. it's about my dad.... he's, well he's a very powerful man... and he wants me to go back to New York." More tears fell from my eyes.

"Wh-what?! You can't be serious!! You're a grown woman and he can't make you go back! I won't let him!!" I chuckle at this.

"Mark, baby... you have no choice. Now what I'm going to tell you is something you can't tell anyone else... and it's also why I've never wanted to be in photos or videos with you." I say nervously. He nods for me to continue.

"Well... my father is a famous man. Don Falcone." I state, looking away from him.

"WHAT THE HELL??? YOU'RE DAD IS A GODDAMN MOB BOSS AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME WHY??" Mark all but screams in my ear.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want my dad to find out about you. The less you know, the safer you are. I'm going back to New York and I'll be back before Pax East in two months. I promise I'll be back, because if I don't go, he'll come find me... and I don't want him to know about you yet." I stand up and look at him, moving closer to his calming figure.

"Please don't be mad at me Mark. I'll come back for you. I love you." I hug him and walk away. He grabs my hand.

"Cassie. Wait." I pause and turn around, looking at him.

"Please be safe. I need my baby girl back in one piece. I know I don't understand why this is all happening, but I love you... so much. Please come back to me. And try to contact me... if you can." I nod at him and hug him one more time.

"I love you too Mark.... and since my dad has wifi, I'll be watching your videos everyday." He smiles and squeezes me tighter.

"I love you."

"I know."
*********************************
Hey guys!! How's it going?? I'm doing good, and I hope y'all are doing good too!! Little bit of an update.

I made a new cover:

And with school having started back up for me, the first chapter will be a slow-ish update

And with school having started back up for me, the first chapter will be a slow-ish update.. but I swear I will try my hardest to have it up by Wednesday 😁😁

Love you guys!! And please go check out 'Mad House'