Always

Everyone knew that Rose and Scorpius would fall in love and get married. Even Ron reluctantly figured it out. Staying up late, waiting for his daughter to come home. Watching them kiss in the rain from his window. Listening to their late night phone calls ending with "I'll love you always," Ron almost wanted Scorpius to break her heart. He knew it was selfish, but he didn't want his little girl to get hurt.

But on that day when Scorpius visited Ron, pouring out his heart for Rose, Ron had realized something. This boy loved his daughter. This boy wouldn't take no for an answer. This boy was nothing like his father. This boy would take Rose away from her father.

Ron placed his hand on Scorpius's shoulder and said firmly, "I give you my blessing."

This surprised Scorpius. "Why did you agree?" He asked.

Ron winced as he said this. "When I held that little girl in my arms, I knew that I would love her and protect her more than anyone else. I would keep her safe and happy. But then you came along. At first, son, I was worried. I didn't want you to hurt Rose, you see, but you only gave her love and happiness. I now realize that it is you who must love and protect her more than anyone else. It has always been you."

And when the man walked his daughter down the aisle, he didn't feel worried or sad at all. He knew that this is what she needed. And Scorpius needed her.

And if this is what his daughter's happiness was, then Ron needed it too.