James's Surprise

(A/N: In case you were wondering how I picture James and Alice, James= Manu Rios/Dylan O'Brien mix; Alice= Kaya Scodelario.)

James was sitting in the empty Gryffindor common room when his owl, Hermes flew in and dropped a letter on his lap. As he read the words, his eyes opened widely and he jumped up from the chair.

"I have to tell Fred! And my dad! And Alice!"

Just then, Alice, Fred, and Roxanne stepped into the room and Alice smiled sweetly. "Tell me what?"

"Oh, nothing."

He wanted it to be a surprise during Christmas break. Alice narrowed her eyes but didn't say anything. "If you insist."

"Dominique's going to be so jealous," he whispered to himself. Unfortunately, his girlfriend had quite the ears.

"What's this got to do with your cousin?"

James smirked. "You know how she's secretly dating Viktor Krum's son...what's his name again? Dominic?" He rolled his eyes.

Alice nodded.

"Well he– Wait, you're just trying to get me to tell you!"

"Come on, James, we don't keep secrets from each other, remember?"

Fred pretended to gag. Roxy used the element of surprise to jump on James and reach for the letter. He held it behind him right next to Alice. She stealthily plucked it from his hand, read the label, and innocently asked, "Who's this?"

James succumbed to his girlfriend. "Dominic Krum. He asked me to try out for the–"

"MY BABY'S GONNA BE A PROFESSIONAL QUIDDITCH PLAYER!"

She grabbed his jaw and kissed him passionately. Fred continued to gag.

"That's really cool, man!"

"Yeah," Roxanne agreed. "But how are you going to tell your parents?"

Sorry for the short chapter. I know I haven't updated in a while so I figured a filler chapter is better than none. I hope to update more over the summer!