An Awkward Flashback

James stepped out of the fireplace in his home and threw his Quidditch gear on the ground. He'd been at Fred's practicing, but he couldn't seem to keep his head straight.

"Neville hates me," he huffed and fell into the couch.

Teddy, who had been making himself a sandwich, raised an eyebrow.

"Why's that, mate?"

James leaned forward and rested his head on his hands.

"I don't know, really. Whenever I'm around him he just seems agitated like I've done something wrong."

"About Alice?"

He nodded.

Teddy walked over to the couch and sat down next to James.

"Want some advice? From one guy to another?"

James scoffed. "From you? Bill loves you!"

Teddy shuffled uncomfortably and made sure no one was around.

"Well there was one day when he tried to kill me."

James's mouth fell open as Teddy told the story (without too much detail, of course).

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

It was a cold, snowy night when Vic snuck out of her parents' house. She'd be going back to school the next week to finish her sixth year.

Teddy was training to become an auror, and the time for their secret relationship was limited.

Victoire knocked ever so lightly in case Andromeda was home. She wasn't.

Teddy opened the door and his turquoise hair became brighter, along with his handsome smile.

"You got out all right?"

"I didn't make a noise."

For a while the two of them stood there hugging before Teddy leaned down to kiss her. Within seconds, things got very heated and passionate. He led her to his bedroom and they fell asleep wrapped in one another.

The next morning Bill and Fleur realized Vic never came down for breakfast.

Her mother went to her room to find it empty.

"Bill! Victoire ez missing!"

But Bill had caught on to his daughter's new mood swings. Whenever Fleur would joke about boys with her, she'd flush and change the subject.

He thought maybe Teddy would know who she was seeing, so he went over to his flat. Knocking on the door, he called, "Teddy? It's Bill. May I come in?"

No answer. The door was unlocked.

"Teddy, this is very important. Victoire is missing! I'm coming in."

He opened the door but no one was around. Bill didn't like feeling like an intruder, but his daughter was missing.

"Teddy?" He called, and heard shuffling upstairs.

The stairs creaked as Teddy walked down them, wearing only underwear. "Hi, Bill."

"Have you seen Victoire?"

Teddy ran his hand through his hair awkwardly, unsure if he should lie or not.

"Um..."

Just then, a female's voice was heard from the top of the stairs.

Bill's face instantly turned pale.

"Oh, Teddy, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had a girl here..."

But he spoke too soon.

Victoire came into his view and instantly froze. She was wearing only a thin pink robe and put her hands up saying, "Dad... It's not what it looks like."

Bill looked completely betrayed and dangerous as he turned on Teddy.

"I GAVE YOU MY TRUST! And what do you do with it?! You go around SHAGGING MY DAUGHTER, you filthy little–"

Victoire ran down the stairs and shoved past Teddy, who was unafraid to stand tall against Bill. She jumped on her father's arm, which was holding a wand towards the boy.

"Stop! I love him!"

Bill sneered at her and Teddy stepped forward to protect her.

"I love Victoire, sir. Please listen!"

Bill became like a statue before sending his daughter away so he could talk with the boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So basically," James began, "you talked to Uncle Bill about how much you love Vic, and you'd never hurt her...blah, blah, blah... and he actually listened?"

Teddy nodded. "When you have a girl like that..." he took in a breath and let it out with a smile on his face. "You'd do anything to be with her. And I knew I couldn't let Bill stay mad at me forever."

"It's funny how he never seemed mad at you before."

"That's because he knows how much I love Vic."

In that moment, James understood why Teddy was telling him all this. Because Teddy trusted him and wanted the best for him. And he knew how much James loved Alice.

James stood up with determination and gave Teddy an appreciative smile.

"Thanks, mate. You're going to be a great father someday."

Teddy watched his god-brother leave and smiled as he remembered when Harry told him a similar story.

I hoped you enjoyed it!!! Let me know what you think! 💙💙💙💙💙