If You Love Me

Please read: Okay so I recently learned that Alice and James are the same age, so now I have them both as sixth years. Also, if you haven't noticed my chapters don't always connect, so sorry if you don't like that. I just have so many fanfic ideas and that's just the way I roll :)

"Jamesss!" Alice whined as they were walking up the stairs.

He turned around and flashed her his dazzling smile. "Aliceeee!"

She glared at him. "Shut up and carry me. I don't feel like walking!" He picked her up and slung her over his shoulder.

"Not like this!" She punched his arm.

He laughed and set her down, but she tripped over a step at the last second. They landed with their chests touching, her arm slung around his neck. Their faces were inches apart.

For a moment, everything was silent.

Alice resisted the urge to kiss her childhood friend, and the thought made her gasp and push him away.

Kiss James?

He looked concerned, like he hurt her.

"Alice? Are you alright?"

She backed up and bumped into the railing.
"Just fine."

James took a step closer, cornering her.

"No, you're not fine. What's wrong, Ali?"

Alice was sure her face was completely red. Up ahead, Fred and Roxanne were rounding the corner, not caring to wait for them.

"Nothings wrong. Please, James, I can't be with you right now."

He stepped back and wasn't sure whether to be hurt or apologize for something.

Alice straightened herself and tried to resist looking at James's lips.

What was happening to her? Had James's years of trying to win her over finally paid off?

His disheveled dark hair fell in front of his warm, brown eyes. Alice resisted the urge to run her hands through it.

"Jamie?"

"Yes?" He whispered softly, taking another step towards her.

"What's happening?"

Now James had pushed back her hair behind her ear.

"You tell me."

He looked unsure, like this was the most delicate moment of his life.

He leaned in, but stopped an inch away from her lips.

"Why did you stop?" Alice asked, slightly hurt and extremely embarrassed.

James smiled.

"I'm afraid that if I kiss you, I won't be able to stop."

And Alice lost it. She wrapped herself in him as he pulled her up to kiss him.

It was as if time stopped for the two of them.