Worth It

Rose sat in the grass, staring forward at the sunset. Scorpius couldn't help but smile as he watched her talk about her family, the fun she had with her friends today, and her favorite part about being on the Quidditch team. She rambled on about her classes and Lily and going to the Hog's Head with Albus. She always liked to talk.

Scorpius noticed how the setting sun makes her eyes a new color that he never even knew existed, and how every time she smiles he becomes aware of this tingly feeling in his stomach. Every time she tilts her head back to laugh and she scrunches her nose he feels like his heart is going to explode. They've been together for two years yet he still can't fully believe a girl like her is real.

They got up and she smiled as he offered her his hand. Rose let her boyfriend pull her up and it began to rain, the clouds covering the sun. They both laughed and ran into the open field ahead of them and started spinning and laughing and pulling each other close, like a scene from a movie. She completely adored his playful mannerisms, his way of letting her be right even when they both know she's wrong. And she treasured how he cherished her.

They have had ups and downs like every couple. They constantly fought and became jealous and overprotective, but that's how Rose knew it was love. Every time she thought it might be over at the end of the day, neither of them could begin to image a life without the other. They would always run back to each other and forgive whoever was wrong.

Sometimes when it rains, the best thing to do is run out into an open field and dance, and make every second together worth it.