• 29

Lani,

"Jacob sit down we don't have time to play." I said agitated. I was struggling to get him to listen and I still needed the twins dressed and fed.

"I wanna play!" He argued climbing up on the couch like I told him.

I rolled my eyes and ignored his remark while tying his shoes and putting on his jacket. I out on some cartoons for him then started on getting the twins dressed.

Honestly I would've left them in pajamas but I did not need an excuse for them to be tryna have cps here. I'm pretty sure that's gonna come up either way it goes.

"Okay, watch TV and eat while I throw something on." I said putting the twins in their highchairs and gave them some dry cereal.

I made Jacob and bowl and sat him in front of the TV making sure they was all good. I took a little five minute shower then got out and threw on some leggings and a shirt. By the time we were all in the car it was 10:15 so I had no more time to waste.

"Alright, here's y'all pacifiers and your juice please just ride in silence I have no time to make stops." I said to them as I strapped them in safely. I doubted we would be able to make it to the station without them distracting me.

I got in the front seat and strapped my seatbelt and starting the engine.

~

"I'm here." I said as soon as I walked into the police station. The same white man from last night turned and looked at me. I had both twins in my arms and Jacob next to me.

"I was hoping you didn't let me down. How's your morning ma'am?" I didn't know if he was being a smart ass or not but I figured now wasn't the time for me to have an attitude anyway.

"It was busy and call me Lani, when you say ma'am it makes me feel old and I'm only 18." I said and he looked shocked. I was used to getting that look whenever I told people my age.

"Well, Lani I'm officer Banks. Is it okay if we leave the kids with Leutinent Benson. She'll be in the room next to us playing with them." I momentarily hesitated before agreeing.

He gave me a reassuring smile and led me and the kids to the room.where a pretty middle aged woman was. She smiled and took the twins from me shaking my hand. I watched as Jacob started playing with the toys and reluctantly left out the room going into some interrogation room.

( do you know how long it took me to think of a name for this, I just settled on the lady from SVU 😂 )

"So, your boyfriend is insisting that he's responsible for everything, we need your story since you were a key witness." Officer Banks said. I shook my head a little.

"Chris was just protecting me. The gun went off by accident. See Tasha is my foster mom.and Mark was my foster dad. The older little boy isn't my son he's my brother and I adopted him because Tasha passed yesterday...." I found myself telling him shit that didn't even need to be told. Like how it was to grow up living with them and how I ran away.

Once I started I couldn't stop. It was like everything that I had bottled up was now out and I felt twenty pounds lighter. Even though I was telling my life story I made sure not to tell Chris' business.

Chris,

"Why are we still here? I've told you this story a million times and Lani has told the story a million times. He assaulted her not the other way around. It was self defense." I snapped at them.

I was beyond irritated, I wanted to see Lani and the kids and I needed a damn shower.

"Well we're going to confirm your story. I have people checking the surveillance cameras right now." Some skinny ass lady said. She had dirty blonde hair and a big ass.

"Can I see my girl and kids?" I asked irritably. Ole girl with the big ass shrugged and looked over to he old man.

"Yea, just let them finish up with her." He said and they both left out the room. About 20 to 30 minutes later they came back with Lani.

"Well, the surveillance cameras confirmed the story of what happened outside but there's no proof of what went on inside. Case closed." I smiled and let them take the cuffs off of me before hugging Lani.

"Come on baby, let's go." She pecked my lips and grabbed my hand taking me to the room next door. The kids were all on the floor with a policewoman playing with blocks.

"Time to go?" She asked and Lani nodded picking up Legend while I grabbed liberty and Jacob.

"Yup. Say bye bye!" Lani said making legend do a little wave. We got them in the car and left immediately. I didn't need to be there a second longer.

------------------------------------------------------

I know I know, it could've ended better but hey, I got writers block.

I love you all and there might not be a book after this I don't know yet.

Chris and Lani will probably come to an end in 2017!! 💞