• 25

Chris,

"Jacob stop running!" Lani yelled while she finished up changing Libby diaper.

"C'mere." I smiled at him and held out my half eaten snickers bar. He looked at it and came over to me with a huge smile plastered on his chubby face. I smiled a little and grabbed him pulling him on lap while handing him the snickers bar.

"You play at the park?" I asked looking at him. He stuffed the chocolate in Hus mouth and nodded.

"He greedy and we have to see Tasha today. She misses him." Lani chuckled kissing Liberty and sitting her up.

"How she been doing?" I asked sitting Jacob next to me and picking Legend up out if the bouncer.

"Um, alive so...." She trailed off obviously not wanting to continue on with the conversation. Instead she grabbed Jacob and went to clean Hus face so they could go.

I was gonna stay here with the Twins so she wouldn't have too worried about them being in the way. They were going on seven months and was more active now.

"Okay baby. We'll be back in a few hours. I love you, and I love y'all too!" Lani exclaimed bending down to kiss the twins. They laughed and watched as her and Jacob walked out her apartment door.

Lani,

"Mommy!" Jacob yelled running into the hospital room where Tasha was half asleep. Her eyes slowly opened and she smiled spreading her arms open for him. I helped him on the bed with her and they hugged each other tightly.

I smiled at them and started to feel guilty. I had been thinking if still putting Jacob up for adoption. Not to be spiteful but because this wasn't a good time to add on a child. With my career, the twins and me and Chris' unstable relationship adding a child to the plate was too much.

Today I was hoping to convince Tasha but I couldn't bring myself to start the topic. It would break her heart. I know that's the last thing she wants.

"How he been?" She asked looking at him running her hands through his soft curls.

"Good, active. He loves the twins though." I told her and a sly smile appeared on her face.

"Look this may not be what you want to hear but...I'm dying Lani and we both know this. Jacob needs you so please try your hardest not to let Mark take him. I'm granting you full custody he has rights of visitation but don't let him take my son." A stray tear fell from her eyes and I stared completely lost for words.

She couldn't be dying, not yet. She had to get better because we only just made up for the tines we lost. I've spent my whole life in fear of her and now that I'm comfortable and happy with her she's being taken away from me. From Jacob.

It wasn't fair at all.

Chris,

"Legend stop." I said and he tried to grab a handful of Liberty's hair. He looked at me and smiled showing his gums before doing it anyway. Seconds later the living room was filled with her screams. I got him away from her and he started whining.

"Ahh ssh and stop messing with her man." I kissed his cheeks and leaned down to Liberty wiping her tears. A knock on the front door interrupted us. I picked them both up and went to answer it.

It was an older man about 40 or some shit. He looked surprised to see me and even more surprised to see the twins.

"Uh...is Lani here? Or Jacob?" I scrunched up and it dawned on me who this mutha fucka was. Now if I was the Chris that was still in the game I would've ended this nigga right here for all the shit he's done to Lani but I'm a changed man so instead I shook My head.

"Nah what you lookin for them for?" I asked with a blank expression. He didn't need to read me.

"Um I was just trying to get Jacob. He's my son." He said trying to look inside the house.

"Well they not here. Don't come back." Before he could say anything I slammed the door and looked at the twins who were oblivious to the whole situation.

I picked up phone so I could tell Lani about that nigga but then decided against it. She had too much to worry about already. This was just unnecessary added stress.

------------------------------------------------------

How was it?
Is Tasha dying?
Should Lani put Jacob up for adoption?
Should Chris tell Lani?

Comment!