Chapter 2

17 YEARS EARLIER:

TIM POV: Her name is Faith. She has green eyes, blonde hair, and a voice that trumps Loretta Lynn. I can't help but sneak in when she records in the studio. She's absolutely incredible and pure.

"Hey Tim! What are you here today for?" Her asshole producer Jack says. He's her exfiance and has a way around other women, even beating a woman who he was previously engaged with. That's something that I just don't tolerate. My mother was often abused by my stepfather, and I always promised myself I would never let that happen to any woman I am with, no matter how angry I get. Faith and I have been dating for about 9 months now, and she's breaking off her deal with Jack. They broke up in the middle making her second album, so they decided to put aside their differences and finish their last project together.

"Oh you know, just stopping by to take Faith out to lunch." I say while his smuck smile fades and he clears his throat.

"Well I guess I won't hold you up then." He says. He gets on the mic and tells Faith that I'm here.

"Hey babe. How's your day been?" she says running out of the booth for a kiss.

"It just got a hell of a lot better now that you're here." I said holding her.

"You ready to go?" I say.

"Yeah! Um just let me go grab my jacket." She says running back into the booth. I try to hide the smile on my face, but this girl just makes me so happy. Where did I go right to get a girl like her?