Chapter 22

FAITH POV: "No!" I scream as I hear three rounds released from the gun. I close my eyes, ready to see my three daughters shot, but when I open them they're still standing. They have a horrified look in their eyes as they watch their father scream in agony. Jack laughs at him. 

"You just don't give up do you?" He says as he aims, yet again, at the girls. This time I get the strength to stand and I grab the barrel of the gun. He nudges it towards me and I fall to the ground. But I take him down with me.

He's on top of me and the gun is between our chins. He pushes down and reaches for the trigger. I give one final push up as he pulls the trigger, shooting himself right in the head. 

I shove his body off of me and immediantly shoot the other guy who caught the girls. I remove the bulletproof vest the police gave me, which saved me. I run to Tim who's sobbing in a pool of his own blood by now. The girls are already around him by the time I reach him. 

"Girls, go get an ambulance or the police or sombody! Quick!"

The girls run downstairs and Tim grabs my hand. I put his head between my knees to try and prevent him from damaging his spinal chord. 

"You- you were shot." He said in a light voice. "I had a vest on, they weren't just going to let me up here without any protection." I said as I smile. Don't think about the blood, don't think about the bullets. He's alive now and that's all that matters. "Baby it hurts." He says as he cries. I've never seen him like this before. He's lost so much blood. He's ghostly pale and his eyelids look heavy. "Honey, just stay with me okay? The girls went to go get an amubluance up here-" "You remember the day we had Gracie, and she cried whenever I touched her. And the day we got married when you tripped walking down the aisle. You're still beautiful." Everyone says it's a bad sign when someone is in critical condition and reminising. His grip on my hand is get stronger as he expierences more pain.

He smiles. "What?" I say wiping the tears off his cheeks. "You're beautiful. I just want you to know that. I love you more than the world. I don't regret any moment, any day that I've been lucky enough to have you in. I just love you for everything that makes you, well- you." He says quickly, as if he's running out of time. I craddle his head in my hands and kiss him on the forehead.

"Tim, please don't leave me here along. I need you, and the girls need you. I'm sure the doctors can fix everything, just hold on till the ambulance comes. Please-" I say through my shaken tears. He tries to lift his arm, but it falls back down.

"Faith, tell me you love me." He says. "Tim stop, you're scaring me." "Faith. Tell me you love me.".