Chapter 31

FAITH POV: Today marks a week from the day we brought Tim back home, and two months since he's been awake. I think he's alittle more than happy to be able to be with his girls again in the comforts of home. 

"Whoever makes it down stairs for breakfast first is my favorite!" He screams up the stairs to the girls as I watch him from the kitchen. Almost instantaneously, you hear three doors open and three girls plowing down the stairs. Tim hides in the closet by the stairs.

"Where's Dad?" Audrey asks me. I point to the closet and tell them to keep quiet. They sneak over to the door and swing the door wide open jumping all over him.

"Well I'm afraid it's a tie! I didn't see the winner." He says as they laugh.

I'm a really lucky woman.

Later that night, Tim and I make our way to bed. Nowadays, we've just laid and bed and talked for hours when we can't sleep. He still gets night terrors.

"What did you see when you went?" I asked.

"You and the kids. It was like normal, you know? And then I woke up in the middle of night and heard you screaming for me. I kept telling you I was there, but you couldn't hear me. So I just screamed louder hoping you could hear me eventually. And then I just felt a lot of pain. Then I woke up." He said, playing with my hands. 

"What was it like?"

"Painless, bright, happy. It was like eveything, and everyone, that I loved was in the same place at the same time. Everyone was just happy." He said smiling. My head is on his chest and I can hear his heart beat. It's like white noise. "Do you know how hard it was for me to let go? That was the hardest decision I've made- ever. I just kept thinking of the girls without me, and you having to deal with everything. I didn't want to leave you with that. But the pain was just too much." He said looking down to me. Tears began to form in my eyes.

"What's wrong baby?"

"You really scared me. I thought you were gone. Hell, everybody thought you were gone." He laughed. 

"I guess it's just another one of my surprises." He smiled.

This is the happiest I've been in a lifetime. I love him and I get to be in his arms just a little longer. That's all that I could ask for.