Chapter 12

TIM POV: I tell Faith about the nighmares I've been having. I can't tell her everything though, because if I do, it's just going to stress her out and today is supposed to be a relaxing day. I don't want to make her anxious about this too.

In the dream, Jack is there with two other guys, all armed. We are in a warehouse and I could tell I was bleeding and had been badly beaten. At first I'm the only one in the room, but then another guy walks in with Faith bound and gagged. That's when I turn frantic. I begin to flail around, but I bound too. One of the guys pistol whips me in the head and then drags me over to the side while Faith screams. Jack whispers something to two of the guys. The two walk over to Faith and begin to touch her. She tries to fight them but she's not as strong as them.

"You bastards!" I begin to scream as I try to unbound myself but the knots are too tight. Jack aims his gun at my head to tell me to shut up. I close my eyes and try to wake myself up, but it never works. Thats where the dream ended the first night. But two weeks after the first dream, the nightmare was much longer.

After Jack aimed the gun at my head, I heard Audrey scream. Audrey begins to run for me, but Jack aims the gun at her. I scream and close my eyes tightly. Luckily, Gracie was close enough to Audrey to hold her back. There's yet another one of Jack's "Henchmen" behind the girls. Gracie looks like she had suffered a blow to the head. If that bastard hit my daughter, there is no man on the face of the earth who could save him. Jack tells them all to get on their knees. Jack begins his monolouge.

"See Tim, I'm about to do to you what you did to me. I'm going to take everything you ever cared about away from you. That sound okay?" He pauses as if he was really expecting an answer. "Aw look at Mr. Tough Guy! It's not so funny when you're on the other side now is it?" His breath wreaks of alcohol. I feel helpless. No amount of negotiating is going to change his mind. He walks over to Faith, who is in a fetal position on the floor. She looks up at him as he aims the gun at her head.

"Take me instead!" I scream. "What did you just say?" "Kill me instead. I don't care how you do it, or how painful it is, just let them go and kill me instead. That's what you wanted wasn't it? For me to suffer?" I say pleading. Jack's finger is still firmly on the trigger. I hear the click of the gun and the boom of the bullet as it's lodged into Faith's head. "Here's something you gave to me Tim, Desperation."