Chapter 29

FAITH POV: We made a deal with the doctors that if Tim didn't show any improvement in two weeks, then we would let him go. That was a week and six days ago. If he doesn't improve by midnight, it's over. We let the girls come in and talk to him now. It's been over two months since they've seen him. We haven't told them about the whole deal, because I don't want them to stress as much as I am right now. My palms are sweaty and my chest is breaking out in hives. I've been non-stop crying all day and I haven't slept for 3 days. Please wake up.

I feel myself getting emotional again and I head to the bathroom and weep for a good 20 minutes until Betty finds me. 

"You feeling alright?"

"No. Betty what are we going to tell the girls?"

"If you want, I could tell them." She offers, but I decline.

"No, I'll do it. I think it's better if they hear it from me. What time is it?"

"2" She responds. That leaves 10 hours for any improvement.

"Okay." I get up and head back to the room, wiping off my running makeup. I don't even know why I put it on anymore.

It's 10 now, so Betty took the girls down to the Cafe to get some dinner, leaving me alone with Tim. Minutes pass like seconds and I just stare at him. People say when you talk to someone you love when they're in a coma, they can hear you. I just don't know what to say. The doctors have already taken out his breathing tube, so he has an oxygen mask on instead now. He looks so sick. I crawl up on the bed next to him and put my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. I look at the clock on the wall. It's 11:45. I begin to sob, he's not going to wake up. 

"Why can't you just wake up Tim? Just open your eyes for me please. I need you! I'm so scared, and I can't raise the kids by myself!" Its 11:55. The doctors are outside the room as well as Betty, but I guess they're giving me time. 

"Tim! Wake up! Please!" I'm screaming now, but nobody stops me. "Goddamnit Tim. Please! Wake up! I need you! What happened to forever and always? Huh? Are you just going to give up on me like that? What happened to growing old together? And grandkids? Tim just open your damn eye's please!" I begin to curse his name at the top of the lungs. 

Tim grabs my hand.